what prevents DUST!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Aug 1, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i hate DUST! right after i clean my car and drive for a bit, theres already a bit of dust on my car..enough to make it not shine as much. anything out there i could try that is really good at repelling dirt dust? its horrible on my trunk, and on the back of the trunk. i dont have a spoiler on my car, and im thinking that if i get one that would shoot everything over the back of the trunk, that may help.....

2. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

Nothing prevents dust.

3. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

california car duster. it doesnt prevent it... but it avoids washing the car again.

4. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

yea thats what i usually do...everyday

5. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

6. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

seal your car inside a giant vaccuum canister and never take it out.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

8. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

:jerkit: I think sal zaino was smoking some crack the day he wrote that. I used zaino exclusivly for about 10 months and get about the same amount of dust as I did using other products. I think it depends more on the area you live in.

I use the cali car duster every day and that tends to minimize my dust build up.

I also use poorboys spray&wipe waterless wash two to or three times a week and during the dry months I only need to wash about once a month and my car always has that just washed looked.

9. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Hmmmm I do a few black cars and z6 works ok for me compared to other QD's but there still is dust but not as much when I deliver the car, but that’s was no big deal! The depth on z6 is better then the QD I use regularly.

I have seen static on cars after I buffed, I put my hands on the paint and my hairs stranded on end & my finger tips felt and static charge so I used z6 and the static went away.

The depth on z6 I really haven’t compared to others but when I have used it the car came out real nice and had depth. I use mostly Meguiar's QD mostly which gives a shine but hardly any depth. So I would say the write up on z6 is correct in my own experience.

I’m looking for a good QD that gives a good depth, shine and cleans ok? that has to have all three.

One more thing about Zaino is you have to use it right if not well you can cloud between layers. Other thing I have read is, using just z2, using z2 is for perfect optical paint, it’s best to have three coats with z5 then z2. (That is what I use)

I’m not trying to cause a product conflict but IMHO the sealers I have use like AIO/twins really is not that great and I don’t see how some of you guys that use it like it? I gauss I did not use it right? Because it came out dull & plan.

10. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I don't get the Zaino layering fetish. I honestly don't think you get much improvement beyond maybe 2-3 layers-2 layers ensures complete coverage so I'd say that is worth the extra time. Let's say you apply another layer a couple weeks later. It looks better, right? But why? Once the paint is at 100% optical perfection, you can't get it any higher. What I believe is happening is the appearance slightly degrades due to the effects of enviroment and washing. So now your appearance is at 97-98% so adding another layer of Zaino or anything else brings you back to 100%. You aren't continually improving the appearance but maintaining it at a high level.

I prefer to use carnaubas on my car because I haven't found a sealant that gives the liquid depth on black that carnaubas do, although Poorboy's EX w/carnauba and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant come close-but they are formulated to look like carnaubas. I like to maintain my paint between regular waxes by using Optimum Car Wax, which contains UV protectors, sealant and carnaubas. Sort of like a QD on steriods but it has some decent durability, at least 3 months as a stand alone wax on customer's cars.

Anyway, back on topic. If you want a QD that has all three properties you've listed, Clearkote's Quikshine fills the bill. Looks wet, adds depth, cleans well, ultra slick and it will fill light swirls and scratches.