What percentage of men do you think can't get laid?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Nov 30, 2009.

?

What percentage of guys can't get laid?

1. I'm a guy and I think 20% of men can't

71 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. I'm a guy and I think 40% of men can't

44 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. I'm a guy and I think 60% of men can't

39 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. I'm a guy and I think 80% of men can't

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. I'm a guy and I think 90% of men can't

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. I'm a girl and I think 20% of men can't

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. I'm a girl and I think 40% of men can't

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. I'm a girl and I think 60% of men can't

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. I'm a girl and I think 80% of men can't

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. I'm a girl and I think 90% of men can't

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

So we all know there are a huge number of men who do not have the bravery, and skillset needed to obtain sex on a regular basis. Lets define complete failure as 5 month dry spells not being unusual. If they never get the girls they want and very occasionally are in the right place at the right time and get thrown a bone, thats failure.

In your experience, what percentage of guys fall into this category? Keep in mind that I am not asking what percentage of your cool friends can't. Try to account for the guys that are not your friends and may be entirely out of the game altogether. A guy with a crappy girlfriend who he stumbled onto absolutely can count if you have every reason to believe he couldn't get another girl.

2. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Hmmmmm :dunno:

I'd be willing to say, out of my friends, 60% of them arent 'man' enough to speak up or make their intentions clear.

Anti, I think the thread would be better if we based this on personal experience, rather than 'what we think'.

Maybe, 'What percentage OF YOUR MALE FRIENDS do you think can't get laid?'

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

What the fuck? The lowest number is 20%? You think the 1/5 of all men can't get laid? I think less than that.

4. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

my male friends - 60%

what i think is average? - 40%

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

that will skew the percentage high because you are then including only social people who are cool enough to be friends with you.

If you like to go out and party and have fun and hang out with a few girls and 60% of your friends still don't get it, then if you think about everyone you know then you have to say that its probably a lot higher then 60% because of the people you know who are too reclusive or have too poor social skills to be friends with. Make it about personal experience but try to factor in those guys you know about who are not your friends.

6. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Really? I'll be honest, from my personal experience it didn't even occur to me that anyone would think that 20% was too low. Remember, I'm not talking about just your super cool friends.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

On a regular basis?

I would say, maybe, 50+ percent of the men I know can't get shit on a regular basis.

Do you think that's pessimistic? I am working in the tech department so my outlook may be skewed :hs:

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

honestly, I think its about 60%+ and I think that the top 10% are having 90% of the sex.

9. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

That sounds about right

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I'm pretty curious what kind of player circles the people saying 20% are running in.

11. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Most of my guy friends are married, so I'd put the number at 80% that don't get it on a regular basis.

12. ForgottenSpiral

:rofl: @ "super cool friends"

I can really only think of a few people I know that I don't think get laid regularly. So if I was judging it based off of everyone I know it would definitely be smaller than 20%. If you want me to make a random guess at how many people I don't know aren't having sex, I couldn't even begin to fathom that.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Agreed

14. ForgottenSpiral

Even anti-social losers can get laid more often than once every 5 months. Even fat ugly men with shitty personalities get girlfriends who will fuck them.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Think about all the people you come in contact with. Think about every guy at work/in your class. Think about how many guys are probably home alone on Saturday night.

If 80% of your friends can get laid on a regular basis they are a LOT better at it then my friends, so yes, super cool friends :dunno:

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

did you read the post? I know every guy is going to get laid sometime, and i realize that guys who can't get laid cling onto a girl for dear life when they get lucky.

17. teep

teep New Member

most of my friends are in relationships. a few are even engaged. does that count? if not the percentage has gone up drastically since college.

18. ForgottenSpiral

Everyone I work with is either married or has some kind of regular tail. All my friends are either in relationships or are in-between relationships. My biggest social network is NA and despite the massive amount of people there who are not "super cool", I would say most of them get laid fairly regularly. I'm not sure who these people are who you think are so completely socially inept, but I'm guessing they're all young? I don't know many people in their late 20s and older who are too scared to go get some sex.

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

the question wasn't "do they" the question was "can they", and it wasn't your friends, it was every guy you know.

Before they were married....?

20. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

See, i feel like this is going to be heavily skewed due to people thinking a certain way. Personally, if i took the "super cool friend" i would say that between me and my friends we all get laid pretty regularly(not trying to pat myself or my friends on the back. We just know a lot of girls). However, if i come to work and i look around here i am saying it's 20%, it's really how you perceive this question. I'm going with general population and people i see when i walk around the local mall... :dunno:

21. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I tried to be clear on this. I WAS talking about when you look around the office and NOT just your cool party friends.

I don't know what it is about OT, but getting people to follow rules on polls is like herding cats.

22. ForgottenSpiral

Just because people don't give you the results you expect doesn't mean they're not following your rules.

23. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I am surprised by results, but thats why I made the poll. It's not the surprising results that are an issue, its the fact that if people are all following different rules, then the results are meaningless.

24. ForevererZero89

ForevererZero89 New Member

i don't know the percentage and all that but i can you tell im in that percentage, 26 year old dude here.

25. ForgottenSpiral

Well perhaps you should state the rules more clearly. Like "what percentage of single men in the united states between 18 and 30 never unintentionally go more than 5 months without sex". Because as it stands you ask for men in general. Are we talking about men in any country? Are we including 15 year olds? Are we including 60 year olds? Do married men count? How about men who simply aren't interested in sex?

It sounds to me like you're asking specifically about adult men who want sex, but are unable to get it. To that end, I believe it is less than 20%.