What OT think about a 240SX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Claydus, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

with Silvia badges on it and it's a U.S. spec model? Even if someone has the SR20DET motor in?

2. I like them. Im dropping a Rb30DET in one. :cool:

3. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

Silvia badges on a U.S. spec model 240sx?? And this guy buys all this HKS shit to go on his SR20DET and decides to put Silvia emblem on the hood and trunk...... Even though a Silvia was never made here in the U.S. And in my opinion it were to be badged a Silvia it should be RHD

4. Oh sorry didn't get your point.
    They call them a 180SX or 200SX here..

Don't know why he would put silvia badges on it.. look nothing like a 240sx

5. solid snake

solid snake New Member

no silvia's made here in the US?
    they didn't make any 240sx's here either.
    it's not like he has an integra fronting as a skyline or something.

6. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

If you are going to use a Silvia badge, you need to engine and suspension to back it up.

7. vvnguyen1981

vvnguyen1981 New Member

With a SR20DET motor in it! I'll respect it with or without the badging. 96-97 ... two thumbs up!

8. subaru kun

subaru kun New Member

you can sometimes see 240sx real panel on 180sx in japan or acura badge on a honda car. who cares if its the same car. silvia K's badge with no power, then its rice.

9. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

I would say debadge the entire thing.

I had the STi emblem from my STi grill on my WRX on for awhile. Then the STi actually came to the states. So, to cover the poser-ness, I took it off.

10. David St. Hubbins

David St. Hubbins New Member

I don't give a fuck, it's not my car.....

11. BlueBlur

BlueBlur Guest

do a swap then they are bad ass and sleepers

12. dbrooster

dbrooster New Member

13. HybriDSM

HybriDSM Active Member

ITS NOT A SILVIA, ITS A 240SX!

14. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

If it has the SR20 motor in it then I guess you can somewhat get away with it. It comes down to it's not your car so why do you even care?

15. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

16. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

There's a guy runnin around here w/ a 240 converted to a Silvia.....Silvia front, fenders, motor, everything....and it's badged as a Silvia. If it has the motor and everything, go ahead; it's not a 240 anymore!

17. BlueBlur

BlueBlur Guest

how is a 240sx rice... if its stock lookn and has a engine swap dumbass

18. ABSTRAKT

ABSTRAKT per aspera ad astra

The 240sx is the exact same car as the silvia you dumb fucks..It has a diffrent engine and placement of the steering wheel..SAME CAR..If you have an SR20 and some mods then I dont care if its got a Silvia badge or not..Cause really it is a Silvia and it is a 240sx..Kinda like the Infiniti G35..thats the skyline, not the GTR, but it is a skyline..Same car in japan as here except with diffrent badging..and a diffrent name.

19. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

There's a guy that belongs to one of the local clubs here in detroit that has an S14 with Silvia badges AND he left the 240sx badges on it. It's KA powered with basic bolt ons and he parades it around as a show car... Makes me puke.

If it has an SR in it, then cool. But if you're gonna go JDM with it, then go all the way. Half assed conversions piss me off.

And no matter what you say, it will always be a 240sx at heart.

20. Dark-Hawk

Dark-Hawk New Member

I'd say you could badge it as a silvia if it looks like one, and runs like one, basicly making it a Silvia. Other wise keep the 240 badge, or debadge it all together.

21. bing

bing Guest

debadge it,mine had a sr20det in it. putting badges on it will either a)begin the ricing or b)let everyone know its the jdm motor,which i never wanted

22. SilviaDriver

SilviaDriver Guest

the name "Silvia" is a chassis code, it technically applies to all cars under the "S" code chassis. Therefore, my 1988 '200sx' is a Silvia. It the owners manual, it says 'model S12'...

Kinda like the Z line....240z-350z...all Z's...no matter if you live in Japan or US...

Off of "History of the Silvia":

Introduced 1983 it came in two body styles (coupe, hatch). Once again both the Silvia and Gazelle were released side by side with visual characteristics being almost impossible to spot.

Called a "Gazelle" or "200SX" in most export markets, Japanese market cars had FJ20 or FJ20DET 2.0 16V engines, export Gazelles had CA18E 1.8, 8V "twin plug" engines with USA cars having the VG20 2.0 V6. An interesting thing to note is this japanese advertisement I found on a U.K. site which shows a CA18DET non intercoolered Silvia!

23. SilviaDriver

SilviaDriver Guest

24. SilviaDriver

SilviaDriver Guest

chassis code chassis code chassis code chassis code chassis code chassis code chassis code chassis code chassis code chassis code

25. Marmot

Marmot Guest

I would say it's okay on a US LHD model if it has all of the suspesnion, engine, and body work of the JDM (god I hate that word) model.
    But seriously, nothing funnier than a ricer with a stock 240sx with silvia badges. That's like saying the a 325is is an M3 :greddy: