What options do I have ? (Mustang 6x8 speakers)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by XO, Oct 8, 2004.

1. XO

XO bee a honey

Right now I have "OEM Fit" Pioneer 6x8 2ways and a JVC SH-909 deck. I'm wondering what size speakers or what modifications I can make to the door to fit standard size speakers. Basically I would like more options other than sony/pioneer 6x8 speakers.

Car: 1995 Mustang GTS (no factory audio upgrades)

2. 04

04 Guest

You could make a baffle out of 1/4" MDF and fit a 5.25 speaker or component set in there. I did that for my brother's 1995 Explorer and it worked well.

3. klintdog

klintdog Resident Lurker

I know that there are also sets of 5x7,6x8 components floating around out there as well. I'm looking at putting some of those in my truck.

4. XO

XO bee a honey

I think I'm going to give these a shot http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOSA68 , or make like 04 said

5. chadds

chadds Roethlisberger & Palko > your QBs OT Supporter

If the speaker openings are the same as in '01 Mustangs, you can fit 6.5's in there, I had a set in mine. Just need to do some very light modifications to the speaker brackets.

6. MonkeyDo21

MonkeyDo21 Pleeez

Infinity makes a sweet set of 6x8 components ($120), or Planet Audio makes a set of 6x8's that are really a component set ($70). We carry both of them at are store, equally pleased with either set.