What mods can be done to a 2000 acura 3.2 tl?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by nukegoat, Jul 4, 2004.

1. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Not the type-s.

Just curious... i heard not much; someone was also telling me its a horrible idea to turbo or super it, the 3.2 is just not cut out for it

2. Rushabh

Rushabh Guest

i can get you comptech parts from my business if you want...

3. jessb20hatch

jessb20hatch Let's bang like Myosin & Actin

The motors are tough enough for a Comptech supercharger or a small shot of nitrous (50 Wet). The only thing I would be weary of is wrecking the auto tranny you have. Believe me I work at an Acura dealer and we change those trannys 3-4 times a week as you may have already have to have done.

http://www.comptechusa.com/products.html

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

i heard either the transmission breaks or it doesn't... like some were horrible, some were alright

this one has 75,000 miles on it and runs flawlessly... weird

5. Rushabh

Rushabh Guest

i dont think the '99 or the '00 had any problems...ive got a friend that has an '03 and i dont think hes blown his transmission yet (CL-S) whereas i know a person that has an '02 CL-S and hes blown it around 3 times already...its weird

6. C25A1guy

C25A1guy Guest

It really had to do with the clutch packs that Honda was out-sourcing to in Japan. Seems like they got a bad batch. I used to work at Honda as a tech, so I know what you mean be doing a few of them a week, except for me, it was on preludes, odyssey's, and accord v6's. Strangely enough, I had more odysseys then anything else in my stall.