FRK What method of BC?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Hairy Gorilla, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

My gf and I have sex typically 2x-3x daily and currently she is on the pill. We started our relationship with condoms but as of lately almost exclusively have sex without any protection besides the pill. I know this is not smart but I finish in her nearly every time:naughty: . I cannot control myself, lol. Anyways, this is starting to worry both of us, and I was wondering what everyone on this board does for protection. We are monogamous and both clean, and I really hate the feel of condoms. Is their anything else easy we can do to ease our minds a little? One obvious option I can think of is don't finish inside of her 100% of the time. Spermicide lube? I have heard bad things about that lately. She also isn't a huge fan of lube. Maybe I should propose anal 100% of the time. lol jk

I know this is the FS forum and the quality is probably more suited towards the vag, but I think I will get the best response in this forum...

2. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

the IUD has worked the best for my wife and me.

3. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Pill + condoms

IBmovetovag

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Ugh, please dont. We're tired of that topic :mamoru:

5. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

but this belongs there.

6. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

have you tried better condoms? try crown skinless

7. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

Yeah I could try a better condom. Might be worth a shot. I still like the feeling of being natural. Who likes to grab a condom in the heat of the moment

8. UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun

People who don't want kids with their current GF at a young age....:rolleyes:

UK

9. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

lol...Nothing wrong with that:mamoru:

10. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

try the spermicide....or have her use a vaginal film 15 mins before you all do the nasty.

has she thought about a diaphragm or the sponge?
    a lot of people use the bc pill as their only form of protection against pregnancy and that works just fine.

11. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

here's some reading for you:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3872699
    basically, the pill literature says an alternate form of bc is only necessary if a pill is taken imperfectly. thanks to human error, imperfection is reasonably likely, decreasing the effectiveness from 99.9%. If she takes the pill at the same time every day, without fail, an additional form of bc doesnt make a statistical significance in your likelihood of an accidental pregnancy. if there is imperfect use, examine other forms of bc.

I would caution against the use of spermicidal lubes, as they are associated with increased risk of vaginal and urinary infections, and their effectiveness is less than that of pulling out (so about 80%).

If she has a difficult time with perfect use, or you're looking for a more reliable option-- the only more effective form of bc is the IUD, unless youre going for surgical methods. The ring is as effective as the pill and is easier to use perfectly.

12. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

13. Colleen

Colleen Active Member

14. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I've been on the pill since I was about 14.... I've never had a pregnancy scare with it, and when I am in a LTR or with someone I trust, they cum inside me. I've never seen a need to use condoms as well as I feel the pill works just fine for me.

I use the pill Microgestin btw....

15. Libera

Libera New Member

Mirena ftw. I've had it for about a year and a half now. I tried seemingly every other BC option before this though. Some doctors will not insert it unless the woman has had kids. I have not and I had no problems during the insertion.

16. Oldie

Oldie New Member

Copper IUD. Trust me, we've tested it extensively, and it works great. If you get the non-hormone type it has no long term effects, and if you decide to have kids, one doctors appointment and about 3-5 days is all it takes to be done with it. They also only have to be changed out every 5-10 years.

17. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

Yeah I had heard questionable things about spermicide lube as of lately. Sponge honestly seems a little gross to me, and doesn't seem that effective anyways

18. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

Thanks, this is very informative. We are going to sit down and have a talk about the "what if" scenario. Make sure we are on the same page. I guess I'll just keep going at it full time. I'm really not worried about her not taking the pill. That is just a daily routine...