SRS What meds should I avoid?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Apr 30, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The reactions towards mental medication can vary drastically for everyone. Everything that will be changed must be done with your medical expert. A normally balanced brain doesn't need any kinds of medication, and mental medications are only symptom supressors, not problem solvers, so mental medications should be an absolute last resort in trying to solve your problems.

What you should steer clear off, is only to be said by personal experience, if you feel that a medication isn't working for you, you can try another, the only thing you can ask for is medication with the least amount of side-effects. And with mental medications the side effects are multitude. I would only recommend low dosage to non usage of mental medication. But im not to judge on that, let your doctor/medical expert do that for you.

3. johan

johan Active Member

The right way to take meds is to take them EXACTLY as prescribed, and then to immediately REPORT any negative side effects so your dosage or med schedule can be altered by your physician, if necessary.

There's no way to give a blanket recommendation of drug A = good, drug B = bad without knowing your specific medical history.

That's your doctor's job. Don't like him? Don't trust him? Get a new doctor.

But don't start second guessing your doctor's treatment regimen based on someone else's experiences with a particular med.
    Their experience may be entirely different from yours.

4. Damn Dutchman

Damn Dutchman New Member

Pharmamafia hoozah!

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Paxil changed my life for the better.

It changed his life for the worse.

I tried Zoloft for a tiny bit then switched to Paxil, I love Paxil, it is pretty slick.

If you want people to start bitching about a drug in particular, it would be Effexor. It inhibits the reputake seratonin and noradrenaline, as opposed to being a pure selective seratonin reputake inhibitor. Talk about withdraw symtoms.

That being said, I am on Strattera too, which is a noradrenaline reputake inhibitor. It's all good, just keep the pills coming.

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Meds will effect each person differently and there is no way to know how it will effect you until you try it. Even if a med seems to be working great for you, you may still go through hell when you try to stop it once you no longer need it.

7. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

I was on Zoloft for about 6 months and it was ok. I had major sexual side effects so I switched to Effexor XR. I'm on 150mg a day now and its much better.

The initial side effects were the same as Zoloft. I was a bit nausious the first day or so and then nothing at all. Overall I prefer Effexor.

It seems like I feel more "level" with the new drug.

8. Blahaboxxx

Blahaboxxx OT Supporter

Do depression-related side effects (suicidal thoughts) show up in people who take SSRIs for panic/anxiety attacks?