SRS What makes you happy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by M.E., Mar 4, 2008.

1. M.E.

M.E. New Member

the catalyst for this thread, was a recent thread about being too negative...i often have a hard time feeling happy about anything...for awhile the only thing that usually made me remotely happy was sex and money...but they are pretty fleeting, and im always out chasing for more.

but now that i have a God daughter, just how happy she gets when i give her a stuffed animal, toy, or just spending time with her or doing something nice for her makes me the happiest i ever been in my life, and it stays with me, and its not fleeting...when im down, i just look at a picture of her on my cell phone with a teddy bear i gave her, and things dont seem so bad...its really the only that has ever made me truely happy.

ok, im done...wow that was really gay:greddy::mamoru:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Life.

I mean come on. Life can be great if you actually put forth effort to make it wonderful, and I've made mine wonderful. Everything in it is great, even the problems.

3. wufei

wufei New Member

Money and sex are definetly up there.
    Working on my car.
    Kicking back and having some beers with friends i haven't seen in awhile.
    Going to the gym for a little bit to excercise.
    Cigarette after a long day.
    If a girl likes me thats always a huge happiness and confidence booster.

:dunno: there's always a lot of bad floating around i try not to think about it too much :wtc: focusing on the happier aspects definetely helps mood and overall perception;

4. Darth_Kelly

Darth_Kelly Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.

Reading/learning about and discussing economics and philosophy, my boyfriend, sex, wearing a really hot outfit and feeling confident, seeing something so breathtaking it feels like time has stopped, kittens, chocolate, Disney World, and daisies.
    There's a lot more, and a lot of things that make me sad too, but those were the ones that stuck out the most :)

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Being around my friends and family when we're just all in the moment is wonderful.

I'm also usually very happy when I'm in love.

6. Exiled

Exiled New Member

What makes me happy is waking up next to a beautiful girl and giving her a kiss and watching her wakeup.

At least nothing has ever made me as happy as that..

When im grappling that's another

7. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

life
    people who are who they say they are
    spending some QC (quality time) alone
    having an SO/more friends to hang out with (which i have niether)
    eating healthy
    exercising (not the gym tho)
    not drinking/doing any drugs (this ones gettin bigger as i meet more ppl that do)
    going new places (alone especially its cool with ppl too tho)
    having money to spend
    keeping my own personal economy (and we all have one if u think about it) going
    keeping my car running like it was the day i bought it
    buying stuff i know i'l use
    thats it (unless i think of something else i'l add)
    EDIT: and good thread idea :bigthumb:

8. M.E.

M.E. New Member

:rofl: whatever...you're a hot as fuck, of course your life is great. You don't count.

9. kissingurami

kissingurami New Member

little bro

even tho helping him with hw takes forever and he never really seems to get it and he is really lazy to think at all

he is still the funniest kiddo i know, makes me laugh a lot and is really sweet, sometimes more than me

=)

10. iwishyouwerebeer

My life was shit a few years ago. Me being somewhat attractive hasn't gotten me anything really. I'm just happy to be alive when friends my age have already passed away.

11. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Shutttupppp

god

I hate the cliche "Life makes me happy" crap..

You know! - C'mon now!

life sucks you should know this by now! heh :mamoru:

12. M.E.

M.E. New Member

sorry to hear about your friends...how did you make the transition from shit life, to loving life?

13. Exiled

Exiled New Member

14. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

there's a lot of stuff that makes me happy:

setting and achieving goals i've set for myself
    new experiences
    helping others/teaching
    a genuine kind act towards me
    spending time with friends and family
    quality alone time
    being silly and acting like a kid again
    learning new things about myself, life and the world around me
    knowing that i have the power to change
    talking about the goofiest things as well as serious topics
    cartoons, funny movies, jokes...laughing in general
    puppies

and many many other things

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  15. iwishyouwerebeer

No man, I am thankful every day that I am alive. When you have a lot of death around you you learn to respect life.

It was a tough few years. I was severly depressed and hated myself, the whole nines. However I wanted to stay positive, I mean I wanted to fight to be happy again because my life was great prior to all the shit and the sudden death of my best friend, other friend and uncle. I just got my shit together. I once had thoughts of killing myself, but feeling the hurt of my friends nd seeing how it made me and other friends/family feel I knew I could never do that-on top of the fact that life can be great if you put in some work.

So lets see. I got on medication, only had a little bit of therapy. Went to the gym 5 days a week. Once I felt more confident about myself I started going out and trying new things. Joined some clubs in college and met new people tat I really liked. Got a new job where I met even more people my age that I liked hanging out with. The rest if history pretty much. I changed my attitude, my life and the people in it. I've fought hard for everything I've received, but it's been totally worth it.

16. Victoriono

Victoriono New Member

Start of with exercising, eating healthy and 7-8 hours a sleep/night.
    This will do wonders for your physical AND MENTAL health.
    You are what you eat.
    Educate yourself, doesn't have to be in a class, schools and colleges isn't for everyone.
    Find a passion and set goals for your life, and set them high. When it comes to finding out what you want to do; think more with your heart and less with your brain. I think that most people have a gut feeling what they want to do with their life, but people around them, fears and other obstacles are keeping them back.
    Focus on the positive things in life, think of things that you are grateful for.
    Don't dwell of things that you can't change and only change if you want to, don't do it for someone else. If someone doesn't like you for who you are, there is always another 7 billion people that you can make friends with.

In my own experience, i hit rock bottom and i got fed up with my life and i decided to change it. So pain was my drive out of misery.

17. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I like setting goals and achieving them. It makes me happy when I help someone, and their life ends up improving significantly.

My family and friends -- when they tell me how good they feel about me being apart of their lives, or that they enjoy various things I say or do for them -- that also makes me happy.

18. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

The knowledge that I am blessed with health, wealth, and prosperity. Many people in this world are starving, beaten, ignored and underprivileged and still aren't as miserable as some millionaires in this country.

I recommend the book "Become a Better You" by the popular preacher Joel Osteen. It really lays out a great foundation for people to be happy with themselves and to realize many facts that most people overlook or take for granted.

19. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

"I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful life..."

I LOVE my life :big grin: Even after all the shit, and even when it sucks, even on the days when I just want to go back to bed until that crappy day is over, I love being alive and having my family and friends around me. Things that make me genuinely happy:

*Camping with my family. I love them
    *Hanging out with my dad- especially going fishing with him. We have such an awesome relationship now. His sobriety is my greatest blessing.
    *Bonfires on the beach with my oldest friends in the middle of summer
    *My faith in God
    *New flip-flops, Frisbee and cookouts
    *Christmas eve
    *Waking up to a kiss on the forehead from my bf
    *Going to the drive-in with my best friend and horking down a cheese pizza and a pack of smokes with her.
    *Staying up all night with my friend Rob- having a few drinks, jammin' all night and writing songs.
    *My best friend- another very big blessing. We've been inseparable for almost 12 years and no one in the world makes me laugh as hard as she does. A life without her would be like a life without water.
    *Rock climbing
    *Dancing
    *My boyfriend. He's so smart, has the kindest heart and I can be 100% myself around him. If I could live 1,000 lives, I'd live them all with him.
    *Summer thunder storms
    *Going to the zoo
    *My 3 year old God daughter- best sense of humor of any person I've meet so far.
    *Moon lit walks in the winter right after is snows.
    *4th of July with my besties. No better time of the year.
    *Reading a good book on a rainy day.
    *Going on trips with the BF.
    *Turtles & frogs. I dunno why, but seeing them always make me smile
    *The way it smells before it rains

I could go on and on really, but that would be a huge list :rofl:

20. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

im with beer here.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

being in the ocean/surfing
    playing baseball
    being with friends
    being right
    :)

22. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh, I should also add that I saved up every paycheck (was broke too) to take two different trips to places I had always wanted to go. Those trips were the best things I've ever done.

23. Exiled

Exiled New Member

ohhhh

That's what I should do!

24. iwishyouwerebeer

Definitely. I first took a trip to Yosemite. Not only was it by far the most beautiful place I have/ever will go, but it was so insanely serene and peaceful I literally came back a calmer person. People who live/work there tell you those who go are different people after being there, and I understand why.

Second was all over Europe. Best trip of my life. I can't wait to go back. There's nothing better than experiencing a million different cultures before your eyes and adjusting to them and realizing how different we all can be but still the same.

I cant tell you how immensely satisfying it is to to take a trip that you've always dreamed about and were able to save up for yourself. I just put a chunk of paycheck into an account every month for them.

25. M.E.

M.E. New Member

did you go by yourself? i love traveling, i try setting up trips with friends but they either broke, in school, or just starting there careers and dont have the time to take off.