What makes a man good marriage material???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Guz200sx, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Lately I have been hearing some girls say "oh so-so is the perfect husband" and blah blah blah. I'm wondering what are those qualities that make a man the "perfect husband"

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

So let me ask you. When these chicks say that so-and-so is the perfect husband, do they want him to marry them?

No, right? It's just some theoretical bullshit. What you're actually asking is, what makes a man initially seem like good marriage material? Assuming the girls even mean what they're saying to that extent. Sometimes people just say stuff cuz they want it to be true, like "I think she's really pretty" in regards to an ugly hippo.

3. xinster

xinster New Member

a beta male with steady income, predictability (no emotional instability), at least somewhat lower value than the woman, and is a good provider.

4. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

the number 1 thing that makes a man good marriage material is admitting the woman is always right.

even when she's not.

wait, that should be especially when she's not :mamoru:

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:hsugh: Care to explain what you mean by that?

6. JohnJohnJohnson

u do not have a problem with the "beta male" part?

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Basically, a kiss-ass who will let the woman run the relationship, buy her things, and she can do whatever she wants is what he is saying.

I disagree, personally. I think the opposite is much better, but women won't admit it - nor will most folks even entertain the idea of it nowadays. :rolleyes:

But not OT! We know the truth! :mamoru:

8. Brian May

Brian May New Member

the answer depends on the woman in question IMO. Everybody is different and seeks different qualities in certain people

9. big 1

big 1 New Member

a guy who is "marriage material" is a guy who is independant and established.
    READ: out of school, starting career, his own house and car.
    Therefore he is presumably in a good financial position to look for someone to settle down with. he is someone who is mature enough, finished with his bar phase, and not into playing emotional games. he knows who he is and he knows what he wants in life.

10. JohnJohnJohnson

Ok but then is he boring?

11. xinster

xinster New Member

as john said, it was self explanatory and borderline redundant with the beta-maleism but

slightly lower value so the woman will not think he will be likely to cheat on her. Too much lower value would compromise her attraction. Higher value would compromise her security and the security of the relationship- in case if they had children and he left.

12. ShoverBot

ShoverBot OT Supporter

i love how "finance" is listed in every one of these

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

To be honest I don't have a clue what a "beta male" is :o

14. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I agree. Maybe I'm weird but financial security didn't have very much to do with my decision to marry my husband. I married him because I loved him and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. It certainly didn't have anything to do with the lack of education we both had, or the <$20,000 a year income he brought to our relationship :mamoru: He accepted me for who I am as a person and was willing to love me for exactly who I am, even though it means dealing with a strong minded woman. He also accepted my daughter, which was an absolute must for me to even consider a serious relationship with him. I love him for exactly who he is, even though it means with everything that comes with him-from the constantly broken down cars, to spending too much money modifying those broken cars :rofl: to his depression and anxiety and everything else. (We both have our lists of positives and negatives we bring to the relationship)

Personally, in my opinion, any woman who can list off things like he must be: good looking, have a good job, drive a nice car or anything like that is too damned superficial and isn't looking deep enough into the relationship.

In short, I love and married my husband because he allows me to be myself in the relationship instead of attempting to be someone I am not.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

what?? yo seriously u keep up with vag posts, poccodiablo and diggittydogg saying the same shit every 5 seconds and u don't know what a beta male is? that's crazy

it's like a two-paragraph definition but u can find it on any site by resentful men. google ftw

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I am so lazy tonight though :mamoru: but just for you I will google it.

I generally don't bother reading poco or diggity's posts to be honest.

17. xinster

xinster New Member

yeah, see alpha males have this thing with single mothers that's basically summed up as "if the last man didn't keep her, why should you?" mean, eh?

18. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I prefer a man that is stable. I want him to also be good with children. Good family relations is a biggie. How he treats his mother. etc etc

Stability doesnt always equal boring.

Oh ya and the whole being absolutely head over heels stupidly in love with each other is a real biggie too.

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

If that makes my husband a "beta male" than I am glad to have one instead of an "alpha male" who can't look past things like that. :)

20. xinster

xinster New Member

well yeah, of course. alotta alpha males are assholes. Like, i always like to watch players work their game, and sometimes if you just go up to them and try to start up a convo or ask em about somethin or even a complement they wont even acknowledge you or jut be real condescending

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

true alpha males arent assholes. it goes beta, jerk, and alpha male.

you are referring to jerks.

22. Abomb

Abomb New Member

why not read pocos posts? he is pretty spot on about everything

he is very knowledgable in the dating/pick up world.

23. Abomb

Abomb New Member

sounds like you read how to be an alpha male :rofl:

good book though

24. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

They are way too long winded for me :o

25. Abomb

Abomb New Member

the man mentally considers himself lower value through his actions and words therefore becoming lower value. nice guys. door mats. pussies. i could go on.