What LCD to get????

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KSNIPPY, Nov 25, 2005.

1. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

ive got my eye on two 19" lcds that are on sale tomorrow, both the same price, but i cant decide which would be the best because both of them has different features.

one is a samsung and it has a 600:1 contrast ratio, 12ms response time, and 300 brightness, and d-sub connection
    and the other is a norwood micro, never heard of them, but it has a 450:1 contrast ratio, 16ms response time, and 250 brightness, but with dvi connection.

everyone says that dvi has a better picture than analog, so would the off brand with lower everything compared to the samsung have a better picture just cause it has dvi, or would the samsung with higher specs just no dvi have a better picture?
    is there really even that much of a viewable difference between dvi and analog?

2. JaJae

JaJae New Member

price of each?

3. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

Contrast ratio is a deceiving spec. They usually measure it using the best quality hardware at the optimal settings.

The 12ms response time is better than the 16ms response time if you plan on watching movies with fast action or play video games. Reduces the chances of blurring.

The DVI... some say the only people who will notice it are those who are hardcore gamers or pay really close attention. So many of the LCD screens these days are cookie cutter that you can be safe with just about anything.

Personally, I'd go with the Samsung. We have about 40 17" Samsungs here where I work and I have yet to see one with a dead pixel, and the video quality is really good.

4. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

yeah thats the one i ended up getting

drove my ass to staples and got there at 5:15 this morning and was probably about the 15th person in line.

5. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

is it a synchmaster 730b? i got a 17" for $200 last year, i love this screen, i don't have a single thing to complain about with it...other than the rebate taking 4 months to finally arrive