GUN What kind of wear should I expect from used guns from CDNN?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aviator, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Specifically considering Sig P229. They're $350-$400 for used that say "excellent" condition, but it makes me nervous buying a used gun on the internet that I can't see and shoot first. If it's a police trade-in, it should be pretty good condition, right?

2. Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro OT Supporter

Wrong. Police guns are beat to shit. But it should still work.

3. Aviator

Aviator Banned

I see. Well, I really don't want my first handgun to be something that is beat to shit.

4. Raithan

Raithan :wackit:

Actually, since most police turn in's have rarely ever been used for anything other than qualifications They are generally pretty sound firearms. The exterior may not look the prettiest, but with CDNN you can pay an extra $20 and they will hand-pick a nice one for you. As far as the mechanics on a police turn in go, they should be spectacular consindering most agencies have rules about turning in their firearms to be completely disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt every so often. ;)
    I'm going to be purchasing a 229 in .40SW from CDNN within the next week or two! :)

5. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Well, that makes me feel better. So I pretty much need to just call and talk to them about it then? I looked through their catalog, but it wasnt really that informative and it doesn't have specifics of guns they have in stock.

6. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

just call them up... if you've seen the thread i made, there was a lot of talk about my decision...

I called them today, they have the sig 229s in .40 or .357sig in excellent to good condition for 389 with night sights guaranteed to work, for an extra 40 they could get you a like new... i'm prolly going to be doing this, as it is a good deal... and yes CDNN has police trade ins...

i didn't ask about 229 in 9mm, but i did ask about the 228, which they said they sold out long ago, and it is now a disconinued pistol.

right now i'm in debate if it's worth the extra 40 bucks for like new...

7. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

you can go to the Sig forums and talk to those people, but everyone I've talked with that had a Police trade in from CDNN was very happy. The ones listed with wear do have normal holster wear, most of the like new with minor wear and hand picked guns look as if they could be new.

8. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Shit that's awesome...I'd definately pay another 40 for like new considering that a real new is ~$850. Although I'm only in the market for a 9mm right now.

9. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

How much is shipping from CDNN if I bought a rifle from them? They have the one I want for $100 cheaper than local range.. and I have a $10 FFL guy now :coold:

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I've bought one used gun from CDNN and I think they are far too generous with their grading. I don't think I'll personally be buying another used cdnn gun

11. Furner

Furner New Member

sometimes you just get the luck of the draw

12. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Makes me want to buy a Sig from them :o

13. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I too am in the market for a 9.. but with the money i'd save over buying new, i'm going to get a 9mm barsto converstion barrell for 200.

14. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Yup and I think probably 90-95% of their customers are satisfied with their grading and what they got. Sucks for your $400 to be the bad example though :)

15. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

If the finish is worn but the mechanics are great, that's fine. You can send it in and get a new finish put on for cheap. You can get a better coating done than factory.

16. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

contrary to popular beliefs, police guns are never beat to shit, and are usually like new.. because cops dont shoot, and they cant shoot. they just pretend they can.

you'll be fine

17. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

i dont know why but that made me laugh...! but also a little sad at the same time :hs:

18. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

for the most part, its true :hsughno:

19. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

if i were a cop, i would practice AT LEAST once a week, and prefferably a lot more!

20. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

is it worth the extra 40 bucks to get a like new though instead of a good to excellent?

21. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

there use to be a guy there that i ask for. i think its brian or something. he use to look through the inventory and lets me know whats not in the catalogs. great guy. i was looking at these police trade in 92FS for 350 ish and he talked me into a NIB 96D for $349, it wasn't listed so i felt special.

so ask for the guy and have him descibe u the condition at hand maybe?

22. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Well awesome, thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna give them a call once I get my HSC(once I get a CA driver's license) :mad: