what kind of pecs excercises should i be doing?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by animated2, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. animated2

animated2 Guest

i only do flat and incline bench, flat/incline flys, and also some cables, dont do decline anymore cause it seems that the bottom portion of the pecs are pretty well rounded off, any advise? dont criticize too much i can only get to the gym twice a week if im lucky :o

[​IMG]

2. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

3. animated2

animated2 Guest

i thought those only work your tris? :dunno:

4. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

It works both your tris and chest, if I lean forward I feel it more in my chest ...

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I like the chest day in Pur's routine. It's the only part of the routine I actually follow the way it's laid out.

I also think dips are a good idea... If I push my elbows outwards I feel it more in my chest... If I pull my elbows into my lats then it's almost all triceps.

6. animated2

animated2 Guest

sounds good, dips it is, thanks

7. animated2

animated2 Guest

its hard, it takes me years to move up 10 lbs, im stuck at 180 :o

8. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Wide grip if possible with elbows out. Chin on chest with knees forward to bring your torso forward will put more emphasis on the chest.

9. animated2

animated2 Guest

will do, thanks :bigthumb:

10. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

years ? so you're saying you only put on a couple lbs of muscle every 12 months ?

it's not what you should be doing but rather how you should be eating so that you can grow.

11. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

Flys and incline

12. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

doesn't bench press exercise tend to take the stress off your chest if that is the weaker area of your body?

If you have good shoulders and triceps are you still getting good use of your chest?

13. animated2

animated2 Guest

years of trying to go to the gym, very irregular schedule, and then trying to eat more, just hard for me to gain weight, and i do eat a good three meals a day, but i dont wanna over do the eating if i cant get to the gym

14. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

than you already know the problem really.

15. animated2

animated2 Guest

wow that would explain alot, i do so many sets on the bench and the next morning i dont feel anything in the chest, if i do a bunch of situp stuff my abs burn, so maybe youre right :dunno:

16. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

how tall are you?

17. animated2

animated2 Guest

5'10

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

more weight + food

19. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

learn how to eat first, then concentrate on isolation. you're a twig, your chest isn't the only problem

20. animated2

animated2 Guest

:rofl: i only want to get up to 200lb, doing this for image, not because i wanna play football some day :hsugh:

21. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

well if it's for image purposes then you better start eating.

you aint going to grow lean muscle tissue unless you're in a caloric excess. That means packing on a little chub here and there. up the dose bro

22. animated2

animated2 Guest

yah youre right, its pretty damn hard to put on muscle without the fat first, oh well guess gotta do less sleep and more time for gym

23. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

you make that sound easy, 200 lbs lean takes some work

24. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:werd::hs:

25. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

There was an article posted on the internet years ago on the amount of food/energy it is estimated you need to take in and the pounds of LBM to gain to put 1" on your arms. The numbers were INSANE.

Many of us (myself included) forget that there is only ONE thing that will make your muscles grow and thats food. Excercise will NOT make your chest bigger without food. No drug will make your chest bigger without food.
    Ask anyone who has the size chest you are aiming for and I am sure (almost positive) they will tell you that you need to eat considerably more.

I know, you arent going for the big brolly look or the football size monster, still doesnt take away that you need a good amount of food behind you to build your pecks.

Considering that aside from your legs, your pecks are about the biggest muscles on your body. They burn the most cals pumping and require the most cals to gain.
    Im not saying go get fat. Im not saying go on a 5k cal bulker. Im saying, put a SERIOUS effort into a clean, clean, lean gaining diet and dont be afraid to gain 1-2% body fat.
    Its easier building pecks when you weight over 200lbs, dieting down to show those abs only takes 12 weeks, building up though takes years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.