LGBT What kind of jeans do you guys like?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by homi, Jan 2, 2005.

1. homi

homi e-cool OT Supporter

I'm looking to pick up a few new pairs of jeans, and im just wondering what kind of fit/style/brand you guys like.

I usually go to gap/banana republic for jeans (because they're reasonably priced). Sometimes i'll buy a pair or two from AE just because they're cheap.

What brands do you like?

I hear good things about paper denim / seven jeans, but they're fucking expensive. :hs:

Also, besides jeans, what other kinds of pants are in , i really only wear jeans and the occasional khakis.

2. coma

coma New Member

Only Levis for me. All of those other brands just don't seem to fit and look rather clunky to me. Depends on what works on your body type I suppose.

3. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

+1 on the levis, loose straight 569. For some reason there the only comfortable pair I can find.....then again, im not the uber-skinny , uber-metro type...so what works for me might not work for someone else.

4. archangel

archangel Active Member

where do you guys buy your LEVIS???? I go to like Maceys and they never have a good selection. Then I go to Nordstroms and they dont even carry them.

Right now I like kenneth cole jeans. It's a straight fit, slightly loose, tapers well on shoes, and a thin soft denim feel. Also they are strong and wont rip at the back pockets like shit A&F jeans.

5. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

I'm a girl but LOVE Sevens (and Citizens of Humanity) for both guys/girls, same with Paper Denim & Cloth. I promise you if you invest in a pair it will be well worth it, there actually IS a reason they are so pricey. :]

6. Splat_man

Splat_man MVP FTW!!!

i havent been able to find a pair of levi's jeans that i like
    i tried on a bunch, and none of them look really good :hs:

7. hello pedro

hello pedro Guest

I used to think that, and then I tried on some button fly 501's and have been in love ever since.

:love:

8. andykuld

andykuld i suck at logging out.

Too many people wear sevens, and i see too many girls wearing Citizens of Humanity. Paper denim and cloth is getting there too, but not as bad yet. Lately I've been wearing Rogans but am going to try some others next time I go shopping such as True Religion, Earnest Sewn, Roy, and whatever else I see.

9. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I try not to pay attention to brands when I buy jeans. The only thing I really care about is how they fit and how they look. So far, the brands that have been consistantly good to me are Guess and RL. I like BR jeans, but I've never actually bought a pair.

10. guess. hands down

11. dude i bought a pair of paper denim and cloth. $175 and they started to rip at 3 washes in a month and half. i was pissed and i took them back.

12. andykuld

andykuld i suck at logging out.

Do Guess jeans still have the cool upside down triangle on the back pocket? :cool:

13. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

The best kind of jeans are the ones lying in a heap at the foot of my bed as I abuse his behind until he begs for me to f him. :eek3:

14. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Although I like Luck Brand Jeans, I see them way too often. For this reason, I'm a fan of Karl Kani. I usually buy a lot of the season's line. It's really hard to find it in my area, but I have a specialty shop that orders it just for me, so I'm set (it helps to drop a couple grand in a day on clothes ;) ).

Check out the web sit => http://www.karlkani.com/ I got an email, saying that they've updated it, buuuut I've been to busy to look.

15. hello pedro

hello pedro Guest

whoa

16. Robert

Robert New Member

Funnily enough I have not worn jeans since Christmas 1999 (during the period around that time when demin was out of fashion) and I have not looked back since.

17. coma

coma New Member

What the hell? There is nothing but a bunch of women on that site.:squint:

18. integra707

integra707 New Member

I like Seven and Diesel jeans.

They have great washes, and slim fit.

19. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Oh...I had not checked out the new site yet. I wonder where all the guys are? Anyway, you can get a feel for the type of jeans Karl Kani makes.

20. cargojock

cargojock New Member

Express -- all the way (they used to be structure jeans). They have the fit of Levi's 501; but the extra gay cut and fading a gay man needs :)

21. homi

homi e-cool OT Supporter

ummm, so what do you wear now

22. butter6

butter6 New Member

Here's my totally biased opinion. I have about 60 pairs of jeans in my closet right now. Almost half of these are from Express, which I used to think were the best jeans (nice cuts, washes, affordable). 3 years ago I bought my first pair of Seven jeans...it was all over after that. 15 pairs later, you'd be hard pressed to find me wearing anything else. It's hard to imagine being so attached to some pants, but I love the way they're cut and how the washes look real classy/dressy. Whether they're worth the $150 price tag is debatable, because I even have trouble justifying spending that much. But I will say that they are definitely of a higher quality than some lower priced jeans I've also owned (i.e., Express, Abercrummie, AE, Gap, Guess, etc.) The denim of the Sevens is much softer, the lines flow much more smoothly, and the color holds up better in the wash. I hardly even wear my Diesels anymore either. The only downside to them, besides the cost of course, is that they only come in a ~34" inseam. Being a shorter guy, I have to alter all of mine (Nordstrom's tricky stitch rocks!).

Other jeans that I like that not too many people wear are Adriano Goldschmied and Energie.

23. coma

coma New Member

60 pairs?? :eek4:But why so many?? :noes:

24. butter6

butter6 New Member

Man, I'm a total clothes freak. Jeans, shoes, sweaters, jackets, whatever! Mind you, I live in SoCal where it rarely dips below 60 degrees on a cold day. My girlfriend hates it that I'm more fashion conscious than she is. I'm pretty much on a first name basis with all the sales guys at all the Nordstroms in my area. :rofl: Obviously, I don't need all these clothes, but I guess we've all got our vices, don't we? ;)

25. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Yes, and mine have four wheels and make a purley intoxicating noise.