What kind of exhaust for a katana 600?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Lick Harrass, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

I've look back through the pages of this forum for any info on what kinda exhaust would be recommended for a Katana 600, but have found nothing.

I need help guys, but dont know what to get. One guy I met up with today at a store said to get a hindle. I see they're quite expensive though, so price is also a factor. I wanted something that will allow me more power, but wont break the bank.

Also, what is a "slip-on" exhaust?

Thanks

2. Peter Gibbons

Peter Gibbons OT Supporter

Vance & Hines is a good cheap solution.

A slip on is just a muffler, you cut off your stock unit typically and it clamps over your existing mid pipes. Its not a smart choice for a Pre-98 Kat as you have 2, so you'd have to buy 2 slip ons, and at that point you have spent as much as a whole system.

You'll need to re-jet the carbs with a jet kit if you get a full exhaust.

3. BlMMERGUY

BlMMERGUY New Member

save the change that you would spend on a slip-on and put it towards the new bike fund.

4. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

:ugh: You're a flaming homosexual, period. And it is a new bike, 2005. Yes, lets all start off on gixxer 1000's, you freakin dolt.

5. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

hahahaha!

This is my forum and I know I should tell you to knock that off, but that was just funny.

:bigthumb:

6. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

:mamoru: You know its not that I didn't have the money for a faster, lighter, bike, like that guy thinks, its that I wanted the Kat. No exp + light, fast bike = definite disaster. Don't get me wrong, a Kat 600 is quick enough to kill yourself with, but at least I didnt get the gixxer 1000 and come in here spewing shit, because I would have been flamed from here to Russia.

So, any slip on muffler recommendations? :bigthumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005
  7. kamiraa

kamiraa OT Supporter

hindle? looks good sounds good.

8. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

Its kool bout the edit thing :)

Also, the Kat has only one exhaust. I think what I'm gonna do eventually is keep it for a few years, and when I become more experienced, move up to something different. I intend to have it paid off next year anyway, so I wont have to worry bout the loan when I sell it. I don't understand why people complain about the weight of the Kat though. I know its heavy, but its not a full on sports bike, and has two apps. sport/touring. Its still a fast bike, as most are, and is for people like me, who just wanna ride, and not do 120mph all day.