What kind of attraction did your SO have towards you before you got together?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Mar 30, 2008.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

1. Paralyzing crush ... she got so nervous around you sometimes she couldn't be herself.

2. Relaxed ... she could be comfortable around you and one day it just happened.

3. Exhilarating ... you guys "clicked", there was a lot of energy and smiling, and things took their natural course.

As most people here are male I've referred to SO's as "she." For girls, reverse the gender of the pronouns.

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I see.

For me it was 3 with a hint of paralyzing attraction.

I don't think I get paralyzing-crush per se unless she's gotten close to me first.

3. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

From what my GF told me, its more close to #1 with some of #3. Dunno why, I met her at an FYO audition, she was directing me to the judging room, would keep trying to make small talk while I was practicing. This was at the begining of summer, I thought nothing of it, and didnt get together until the season started in novemeber. Apparently, her family was sick of me already before we even got together..she was constantly talking about me. Oh well, good times

4. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I'd say it started at 2 with my GF and I, and ended up at 3. We are still at 3 :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  5. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

Probably 3, but without the whole "natural course" thing.

We met via facebook :o She was a friend of a friend that I thought was really cute and amazing, so I messaged her one day expressing my interest in her. We talked online really well, then hung out once but due to the business of our lives, we never went any farther with anything, remaining friends for quite some time. I dated somebody else, as did she. During that time, she and I talked less, but any time we did we were still very animated - laughing and smiling a lot...still - we now admit although we denied it back then - attracted to each other. Her relationship ended, and as mine was going down in flames, we started hanging out more often. After my relationship was over and everything resolved, I admitted to my feelings for her and decided to pursue her once more. She liked me but wasn't sure about what she wanted in life at that time, but then took a vacation out to Washington and couldn't stop thinking about how much she would have liked to share her experiences out there with me :) She came back and we started dating.

6. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

With my ex it was definitely 3... but she was a manipulator and knew how to pull any guy's strings... so I guess that's kinda expected.

With a chick im dating now, it's more like 2. We're both just relaxed and have a good time.

7. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

#3 and still have that feeling.

8. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Well I'm not with this girl officially yet but we've gone out a few times and things have definitely been moving forward.. I'd say...

She showed up at my work one day (I hadn't seen her in like 2 years and we were never close to begin with, just acquaintances). Got her number and we started talking a bit and getting together once in a while. Conversation is natural and we get along pretty well so far.

9. fray

fray New Member

#1, progressing to #2, then #3.

10. armywrx

armywrx New Member

That one, we had seen and even spoke on a few occasions but once we started to have real, full conversations things really just sparked up and took off.

11. NCS

NCS Active Member

current SO, #1.

12. jeebuz

jeebuz OT Supporter

I met my ex gf on myspace, we e-mailed, and texted for a while. Then i took her to a bar to meet for the first time. She was so nervous she left her purse in the car with her ID. We were walking to the bar and she said "I left my purse, will i need my ID?" I said "yeah it is a bar". Then she said I made her nervous.

13. tekniqs

tekniqs Active Member

#2 with a good serving of #3 =)

i met my SO in my current school atm (i'm in the philippines btw...doing nursing) which is crazy because i remember her face from seeing her when i was enrolling. But anyway, the first time we really said anything to each other was in one class where she had to sit by me. I had to introduce myself to the class and stated i was a "balikbayan" (which means i was from another country, the US, and now i was back to stay for a bit). My gf told me later on that she was nervous because she had to sit with the "guy that can only speak english" Lol.

We were in the same section so we had most of our classes together. She tells me today that on SO many occasions she would steal looks at me and i was oblivious to the fact she was attracted! But things worked themselves out eventually.

sorry for the lengthy read...wanted to share lol

14. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

That Story Made My Day Better :)

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I love thinking of our beginning :) We met while we were both with our ex's. He was on the out's with his and decided to hang out with his old best friend, a guy who happened to be a good friend of mine and my bf at the time. We went over to play Scattergories (yes, we all love Scattergories while drunk) and I ended up meeting him for the first time even though I had seen pics of him. We both did not look very good that night...at least just not dressed to impress by any means :mamoru: but I fully remember being very attracted to him even though he didn't fit my "type" physically. I was there with my bf but couldn't stop trying to make short conversation with him and make jokes. We bonded over our flip flops and an obscure music reference :rofl: He was sitting next to me that night but seemed shyer than anything (which I loved).

At first it was #1, but for him more so than me. I remember him being very quiet and it seemed like he was processing his words before speaking them to me. It was obvious he was in no way a game player (a joke his friends always made fun of). It wasn't until 2 months later that I was single and our mutual friend helped set us up. We met at a bar and were still now both in that #1 phase, very nervous around each other. It wasn't until my dad got Kelly Clarkson concert tickets from work and gave them to me that things changed. I was never that big a fan of hers (not my kind of music) and was actually going to sell them until I jokingly mentioned them to him that day and he said "I'LL GO!" :rofl: I was shocked. No, he is not gay, he just doesn't get caught up in all that macho bullshit of "Ugh, I can't be caught dead at that concert :rolleyes:" It impressed me to say the least and that night we were blabbing away and connecting so much that people around us told us to shutup and listen to the concert. From that point of we finally were over #1 and moving more into #3.

Good times.

17. kiri

kiri New Member

definitely #3, for both of us

18. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

None, we hooked up at a wedding while I was in college out of town, she started driving 2 hours on weekends to hang with me..... just kind of blossomed for some reason.

19. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

2. Relaxed ... she could be comfortable around you and one day it just happened.

we started as friends and hung out a lot in the same social circle. one night i made the move at a party and she's been mine since then. that was almost a year ago.

20. Pavester

Pavester New Member

2 ATM, slowly progressing to 3. Still have to talk to her dad about it, but im planning on making the relationship official in about 30 days

21. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

Started out as 2, since we were best friends for 2 years (both with ex's when we met)

we clicked really well as friends and really enjoyed each others company, so once we were single, it was 3.