LGBT What is Your Understanding of Your Sexuality?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Jun 10, 2004.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

How do you define it? How do you define or explain who or what you are?

For example: some people feel that sexuality is inherent - in the genes. Others believe that it's a product of your social environment. Some believe it's a behavior that runs on a sliding scale between 100% straight to 100% gay.

What is it to you?

2. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I am who I am. :p

I believe it is inherent, except noone else that I know of in either sides of my family is gay. There are a couple, one on each side of the family, that I could see swinging both ways, or have at one time. I disagree with it being your social upbringing. If that was the case, I'd be a strict Mormon, be married, and by now have about five kids.

The sliding scale theory is good to try to describe where you are. I dont think some magic being decided, hey lets slide this little ball a little more to the right on this guy. Describing me for example, I would probably land myself at about 90%. I can admire a woman (legs, tits, etc) but I want nothing to do with her sexually.

And out of curiousity, adding to Nova's questions. How many of you who classify yourselves as gay have had sex with the opposite sex? :eek3: In answer to my own question, I have.

3. NOVAJock

Wow. We have very similar views. There isn't anyone on either side of my family that I know of that is gay, but there is at least one member that I sometimes wonder about.

I also appreciate a fine looking woman. Last night I walked up the grocery store behind my apartment. This incredibly hot looking blonde woman walked by me while she was talking on her cell phone. We stared at one another as we walked by and I turned around and looked back at her. She definitely had it going on. Three guys were sitting on a park bench on the side watching the whole thing and just chuckled. I laughed thinking to myself..."now if she only had a dick and some muscle..." :rofl:

I've had girlfriends before, but never had sex with them. Sexually/emotionally....they just don't do anything for me.

4. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Emotionally she was carrying some extra baggage, about a truckload. :lol:

She had been around a bit so she knew what she was doing. I wasnt attached to her as anything more then a friend but I did feel bad when we broke up.

5. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

I yam what I yam :)

I'm not gay/bi/straight/omni-sexual/whatever

I date whoever I feel compatible with. It's more guys now but if i found the right girl, i'd totally be alright dating her. Until then, I guess I'm gay :)

6. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

It's completely genetic with me. If you look up my father's family tree, you got gay men and lesbians in every generation.

I identify as "gay", although I have a real attraction to the female body and find women incredibly beautiful. I just don't have an urge to lay with them, biblically... dontcha know. I've tried... it just does nothing for me at all.

I have found myself emotionally attracted to many women and physically attracted to their form. But it's only men that I want to get naked and sweaty with.

7. NOVAJock

"You GO girl!" :bigthumb:

8. NOVAJock

FIXED! :eek3: ;)

9. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

:eek3: you know it!!!!

10. NOVAJock

:kiss: :bigthumb:

11. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

I think of myself as someone that loves sex ... whether it be with a man or a woman. My whole family is addicted to sex ... but as far as I know, I'm the only one that's messed around with the opposite sex.

12. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

I don't really like labels so I'm just me. Where ever the wind blows me. :)

I'm attracted to both sexes. Always have been.

13. Ecolecua

Ecolecua Guest

Dunno, I just love hott-looking people :naughty:

14. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

:werd: to I am what I am...and I'm a true believer of of the gay to straight continuum with few absolutes.

15. philrey

philrey Guest

I am as gay as gay could be but have had sex with a female and even was engaged to be married. I never thought I would allow myself to go down that road. I have always loved hairy bear type guys but thought they were out of my reach because of my shy awkward ways. I am at a point now to where it's no one's business who I sleep with and I damn well don't need anyone's approval or disaproval of that either. I have to think about what's going to make me happy because in the end it's my jouney through life that I will have to look back on either with joy or regret. I'd rather look back on it with joy.

16. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I am somewhat the same way. I have found myself very emotionally attracted to women at many points since I have come out, but feel very conflicted since I am not sexually attracted to them. It leaves me in a place where basically they are just very important as friends to me, but it really can't be any more than that.

17. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Like my friend said, I'm an equal opportunity seductress. I worked through the understanding of my sexuality in elementary school. Crazy, I know, but I realized that I was into more than just girls... And then I realized that it wasn't 'the girl' (or, the fact that she was female) that intrigued me, but the total package. And when I started messing with my best friend (and I'm not just talking about the run of the mill circle jerks/ innocent fooling around), I knew that it didn't have anything to do with the physical sex of the person, but to what degree they intrigued and interested me.

Fast forward a couple years, and when I find someone who has certain combinations of qualities, I sorta get a craving for them...and well
    :yum:

(the song 'How Manny Licks' by Lil Kim just popped into my head...go figure!)