What is this girl's issue?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Maffy29, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So this female friend of mine used to be a party buddy. I'd take her to a friend's house parties and stuff like that, since she was under 21 and couldn't go to the bar. Saw her at the bar over Thanksgiving (we went to the same high school) and talked to her for a bit. I know she had at least 3 beers and saw her do a round of shots with the group she was there with. I'm not really TRYING to get into a relationship or anything with her. Just letting things go with the flow.

So this morning I send her an IM about a party at a friend's place.

Now she turned 21 back in October. Before she was 21, she would ask me all the time if I knew of any parties or if we could have one at my place. She was a decent drinking buddy. I'm trying to comprehend what she has to do in her spare time. She isn't in school and works at a convienence store here in town? Its like this has been an overnight change. Something is fishy here.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Explain to me why this matters at all. Maybe she got tired of going to parties and just getting drunk all the time? Maybe she realized it wasn't that fun?

Why are you worried? It's her life. Not yours. You can find other people to go drinking with...and if you want to spend time with her, you can find things to do with her that DON'T involve drinking.

If you're not willing to do other things, then you're probably more concerned about the drinking than being her friend.

Your thread title should be "What is MY issue?"

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Chances are she got taken advantage of... and didn't like it. A wake-up call for most young females of drinking age.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Very well. I didn't see it from that angle. I've actually tried to get her to do other things that don't involve drinking. I invited her to go Christmas shopping with me. Claims she didn't have money. I also invited her to go to a Pittsburgh Steelers game and she said she didn't feel right about taking the ticket for free (even though they were free to me). The only time I could ever get her to do anything is if I was inviting her to a party. If she doesn't want to go to the party with me, then thats cool. I'm just trying to get some more insight as to why instead of badgering her for the reason.

The other response about her being taken advantage of could be a legit reason. I've seen that happen before, just didn't think of it right off.

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Hate to tell you this, but it kinda sounds like she doesn't want to hang out with you.

And I was thinking about this while I was away...it kinda sounded like you didn't want to be in a relationship with her, but with your "go with the flow" comment, and in the context of the parties thing, it sounded like you may have wanted to take her to parties to get her drunk and see if you could end up sleeping with her.

6. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Look at all of the excuses she has made. I think its safe to say she is not interested.

Maybe the change is in YOU, and she senses it.

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

So this girl thinks the only time she is ever fun is when she is sober? I don't think i'd want to hang out with this girl.

"Ill think about it, I guess." ---- That, plus her claiming she is no fun unless she is drunk, plus you saw her drinking at a bar a few days ago, equals she is giving you excuses because she is not interested.

Don't take it personal. Either she is not interested in dating right now (even though you didn't have dating intentions, girls usually go to parties with a guy whom she is interested in. Especially if HE is taking her around people she doesn't know), or you didn't be the person to push her buttons when you guys hung out.

No big deal. We all fuck up. I said something stupid the other day to these two girls I met at a gas station, and fucked up. I thought "Damnit, that was a stupid thing to say." but went to the gym and met an even cuter girl there.

8. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

That's exactly what I thought after reading it.

It matters because it makes her statement look fishy. One of the thoughts I had was that one reason she got along well with the OP in the past is because he got her into to cool parties. Now that she's 21 and can drink whenever she wants and doesn't need him, her perception of him may have changed. Not saying she used him, but if you think back to when you were growing up there is often some guy everyone thought was cool because he could buy for everyone, but after you turn 21 he just looks like a loser who drinks a lot. I'm not saying Maffy29 is a loser (don't know him), but just that moving through different stages of life changes what we look for in others and how we perceive people. This may have happened with this girl.