SRS What is the shortest amount of time you've told someone you loved them?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by verbal, Mar 4, 2009.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

And know you meant it. I'm talking in love, not loved as a friend.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

1 month. I was young and stupid then.

Love isn't the same as being in-love. Loving someone is recognizing that your life is better in any number of different ways because they're in it, and wanting to return the favor. Being in-love is just the anticipation of all that.

3. THoC

THoC New Member

ive said it twice in my life. first i was young and i said it after maybe a month. didnt really know the meaning at the time.

second time i knew the girl for over a year and we were good friends. we then dated for about 3 months and i told her. this one i def knew.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

When I was 15 my bf told me he loved me on our "1 month anniversary" :rofl: I remember even then thinking cynically and just telling him I loved him too because it's "what you do." After that I didn't say it for a long time, even if I had relationships that lasted a few months because I just felt it was such bullshit to say it so early on when you still don't really know the person.

My current bf and I didn't say it until at least 9 months or longer into dating.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I think the time limit gets pushed out as people get older because, through one relationship after another, people learn that there really is a whole lot more depth to be explored than they realized when they were younger. People tend to think they love each other when they've gone farther into a relationship with someone than they ever have before, not when they reach some pre-defined milestone.

Actually, I suppose I should say my girlfriend said "I love you" after one month. I didn't answer until later that day, when I'd had a chance to think about it. Turns out she was sick to her stomach the whole afternoon.

6. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

The first time I believe it was like 3-4 months and this was when I was 14. i dated that girl for 5 years. The next girl was after about a month. I dated her for 1 1/2 years. I still love both of them. Maybe not as I did at the time but the second girl....that was true love. The girl I fell in love with is still amazing and I miss her very much. The girl that broke my heart is a bitch, two faced ass hole. But thats another story ha ha ha.

7. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

At the 4 month marker my girlfriend told me she loved me. When we were having sex on the kitchen table a month later she said "I officially love you!".

I told her I loved her when she made me lunch every work day during the summer and left me a little note. I realized I truly loved her after I got really sick and she took care of me.