LGBT What is the polite way to tell someone they could use a makeover

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by marxwa99, Mar 3, 2004.

1. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

My friend is really desperate to date but i think his fashion sense is a bit..out of date.

I guess the best way to put it is that he is 24, but dresses like hes either goin golfing 24/7 or like hes 50.

Nevertheless, he is my friend, a great guy, and I really could care less what he wears in the end. However, as superficial some can be and as important first impressions are, I think he could perhaps add a bit of flare to his wardrobe for him to obtain that extra spark. I hope i don't sound like a total jerk here and I am doin all i can to help him find ways to meet better people than where hes been looking. Of course, him lookin at the wrong places might be the problem itself.

I thought I should post on here for opinions before I said something that might be hurtful or rather too blunt. Hopefully i said that in a decent manner than doesnt make me sound like a horrible friend BE NICE!!! :hs:

2. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

Buy him a shirt for his birthday, get hot girls to compliment him when he wears it.

3. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

A facial expression: :ugh:

4. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

go shopping with him sometime

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Ok, when it comes to fashion, some people may not exactly get it when you drop sub textual cues… This is a problem that MUST be remedied quickly and efficiently. I advise an intervention. Sit him down, have pictures, and tell him with an honest face, "as your friend, and someone who cares about both your happiness and your social life, I am left no choice but to VETO your current wardrobe. It’s all wrong, and there is nothing that you can do to fix it. As the dearest Aaliyah put it best, 'if at first you don’t succeed, try again'. Grab a trash bag, because you need to try again… Let’s go to H&M, the car is waiting…’

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  6. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

Ahahaaha CoCo...I LOVE reading your posts. I always look for the maroon letters. :wiggle: You're great.

7. CoCo

...aww, DejaVooDoo, thanks sooo much! If feels good to get some positive feedback for a change. I typically get a lot of hate and flames about my maroon texts... But it is all good, because I usually don't let it get to me.

But THANKS!!! I do appreciate a good ego stroke :cjerk: every once in a while (although I'm sure those like Taylor who know me will argue NEVER to inflate my ego; they prescribe to a system checks, balances, and insults to keep me manageable...hehe).

Thanks again :bigthumb:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  8. Taylor

Taylor Guest

If there's one thing that doesn't need to be anything bigger, it's your ego :rolleyes:

9. CoCo

...Uhh, that isn't the one thing that doesn't need to be any bigger, pum'kin...:naughty:

10. CoCo

...And you sooo OPENED YOURSELF UP to me for that one...:rofl:

11. Taylor

Taylor Guest

12. CoCo