what is the point...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tehexile, Jul 5, 2005.

1. tehexile

tehexile New Member

... in love? all it seems to do is hurt. there is no avoiding it though, or not that i can see. i am in love, and it is the greatest and worst feeling i have ever experienced. i love a girl that ATM i cant have... but she loves me too. love is destroying my life. love has made me dependant on another person to be happy and give me a reason to wake up in the morning. how can there be something so fucked up as Love, that heals and hurts so much at the same time?

2. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

That question has been asked since time began, I belive there still is no difinative answer.

3. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Yes but that high feeling you get when you are in love is well worth all the pain it leaves you with.

4. tehexile

tehexile New Member

i dont think the high feeling is worth wanting to kill yourself....

5. AstroGirl

No, you misread. The pain that it leaves is well worth it, because you took the chance and gave it your all anyways even though you know it might hurt in the end. Nothing about wanting to kill yourself :)

6. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Love has no down sides... attachment is what you are describing...

7. scaryice

scaryice New Member

Life is about feeling stuff.

8. tehexile

tehexile New Member

yea life is about feeling stuff... its about feeling lots and lots of pain. or at least thats all i can see...

9. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

that's sad... i know i don't feel that way... so perhaps it's just a perspective thing... try and alter your perspective on the situation a little (maybe err toward the happy side on those weird questions like above)... maybe then things will begin to shape up for ya :)

10. tehexile

tehexile New Member

heh ive tried to look at the bright side of things, but i cant fine them... theres only one way i can see myself being happy, and at this point it is completly beyond my control which SUCKS.

11. AstroGirl

Hey hey now cheer up lil one :sadwavey:

Having someone else in your life is not going to bring you hapiness. It will give you a temporary fix that will be devistating to loose. Look within yourself for happiness first and foremost then you may look for another person to share your happiness with, right now you would be desperately clinging to someone for hapiness. Therapy is not needed. Find something you like to do or some way of expressing youorself and go with it. Forget about whomever is occupying your mind right now because you are nowhere near ready for a relationship from the way it sounds. :hsd:

Then if a new relationship fails, that was started RIGHT it will not be such a devistating loss, you will simply have more time for you :wiggle:

12. tehexile

tehexile New Member

i cant get her out of my mind. ive tried, but everywhere i look, i see something that reminds me of her. i cant listen to music because im at the point where whatever song i listen to, it relates to me in every way. i cant watch TV because i see all the happy couple and whatnot, and i just want to die. i used to be an avid gamer, but i cant even concentrate on those anymore. i spend all my free time that i can with this girl.... and when something comes up where she cant (i drop everything to be with her) i sit at home waiting for her to finish for HOURS... its so fucking pathetic, but thats the story of my life.

she has been my first love. ive never had a girlfriend before, and i dont see how i can ever love anyone else and get over her.

13. AstroGirl

It is okay hun. Go for a run. Even if you don't think you can, gor for a short run. Then all you will be thinking about is how bad your chest hurts :) Lift weights, do some yoga. Don't do idle things that let the mind wander. Work your body, lift your spirit :) Tomorrow is a brand new day. I know it hurts, and it will hurt for a while. But it is up to you how long you want to hurt for. Just DO NOT rebound into another relationship, PLEASE :)

14. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

Its just like saying whats the point of living if you're going to die right? wrong! The point of living is to experience all the pleasure and discomfort of life. Without the bad than we would never know the good. You're probably beating yourself up right thinking that you will never find someone else like her. But the truth is that you will and most likely when you least expect it. I know what you're going through because ithought the same way as you once. But in time you will slowly move on and find another. For now keep yourself busy with school, work, and most importantly good friends.

15. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

if you can't be happy on your own, what makes you think you can be happy with someone else?...

misery loves company... but 2 miserable people don't make a happy couple, nor a happy life...

16. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

You need to get out in the world, there are heaps of things to do and experience. Having your whole world being based on, and needing, just one person is just asking for disaster.

17. tehexile

tehexile New Member

but see the thing is, when im hangin out with this girl, im the happyest guy in the world. its when im away from her, and i realize that im NOT with her, that i get sad/depressed... yesterday she went out to be with a friend who just got cheated on. she didnt tell me though, she said 'brb' on AIM, and never came back. i waited for her.... until i messaged her phone. 45 minutes after i txted her phone, i got a response saying they were in the hard rock cafe (45 minnutes away) WTF?! thanks for telling me, really. so i took my car for a drive. i found out that it starts shaking at 110 mph, and doesnt go much faster then 125 mph... all on a state highway with traffic. im fuckin smart, right :hs:

anyways, short story: i hate it when im away from her because i think. i love it when im around her, and i feel like i can fly.

18. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

i know you don't want to hear this, but everyone goes through this same thing at some point or another. this is normal. you aren't the first one to feel this way and you won't be the last. just focus on advancing your life and get past it.

19. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

If you are afriad of experiencing pain, you will be afriad of love and not be able to begin to understand it

20. tehexile

tehexile New Member

i already am experiencing pain AND love at the same time...

21. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Pain is the only thing you learn from

22. Eris

Eris Yes please

I've come to learn that life is all about taking risks and chances. You really can't go anywhere in life w/o doing so. Hurt .. mistakes .... it's how we learn. Gives us a chance to find out what we can and cannot handle. All you can do is take what you've learned and apply it in other areas of life and future experiences.

With the good comes the bad. Don't fear pain for doing so is fearing life. Loving someone and being loved back is one of if not the most wonderful feelings around. Even if it's momentary ....

23. Eris

Eris Yes please

I can relate. I know it doesn't mean much when people say it, but you will get past it. Time does heal. I've been single for nearly a year now.

I was with my HS sweet heart for nearly 6 yrs. Ended last July. He was all I knew from 16-22. It hurt ... bad. But I learned that life doesn't end just because we're not together. My love for him will neverly completely go away.

But I am ready for something else ... someone else.

24. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

If you both love each other why can't you have her?

25. armond

armond New Member

Love is a good and bad thing. When you love someone you tend to put all your eggs in one basket so to speak. If that person were to decide to end the relationship in any way, you would be definitely hurt. But then love is also a great thing. You have someone you can trust totally and that makes you feel comfortable in all respects.

Coming home knowing he/she is there for you. Or if you are having a problem, calling them and ending the conversation feeling 100 percent better than how it started. Trials and tribulations occur throughout, but if it is love, in the end things tend to work out on their own.

Double-edged sword. No doubt about it, but for me the good tends to outweigh any bad. I would just try to take it as it comes along. Note, I am not in love at the moment, but have been, and have fallen out of love.

Personal Experience > *