What is the MSRP of an R1 in the shops by you?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MWHC22, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

I am buying an R1 in a few weeks. ON yamahas website they say the MSRP for a BLue&White one is $10,299.

I went to a dealer and they said the 03's are 10,600 but they have a 02 i can pick up brand new still for 9,600. I say that both are too much for what they should be. I figure an 02 should be about 9,000 and an 03 should be about 9,750 at a dealer.

What are the prices by you guys.
    I am also buying a rear stand, new helmet, and new jacket at the same time. so that stuff will be another $1,000 or so.

Don't you think I should get a deal for buying all that crap at once.
    I think I should get all that stuff for about 10,700 or so....but the dealer wants about 11,700 for all that.

What do you guys think.

2. MWHC22

no one has a quote at all?

3. MWHC22

UUmmmmmmm.......did you read my post or no.

I clearly stated what the YAMAHA WEBSITE said. it was $10,299.
    I asked what dealers were quoting to intersted buyers.
    In general i have noticed the price at dealers is generally lower than MSRP on many cars, snowmobiles and other bikes.

I however got a quote that I think is high from my dealer wear I may purchase an R1 from. So i wondered what other dealers are quoting.

That is all.

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

It depends on the dealership. The ones around here love to price gouge like a bitch. But if I drive a little I can get the same damn bike from Georgia or Mississippi for far far less.

A couple friends of mine got brand new Kawasaki ZX-6R's for $6500, but they had to go to Mississippi with a truck to get them back here. I love my F4, but if I had known about that deal I would have jumped on it with a quickness.

5. Good luck finding a brand new R1 for under $10,000
    I paid $9,800 in '99 for mine.

6. redrumkev

redrumkev Guest

if you don't think it is worth $10,299 then don't buy it! I mean I paid $13,490 for my Ducati - worth every penny - so will the $10,399 I am going to pay for a 03 gixxer 1000 in about 5-6 weeks.

7. MWHC22

Muaahhhahahaha....... to all those who are paying full price. :fawk:

I have been wheelin' and dealin' for about a month now and I have got what I want. I talked them down to $10,200 flat out the door for a 2003 R1. adn $8,123 out the door for the 2003 R6. I have decided on getting the R6 instead becasue it seems a little more value for my dollar. It will still kick ass and be fun as hell but it will just be a bit less ballzy but also $2000 less.

I am getting my bike for about $800 less than I should be including tax, title, and registration.

8. MWHC22

9. taco

taco Guest

who cares about msrp cause you never pay it anyways.

there are enough motorcycle dealers around here you can usually get a good price.

is there anywhere to find invoice prices for motorcycles?

10. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

What was your last bike?

11. MWHC22

I still have it. It is an '82 or '84 can't remember my roomate has a bike at one of those years and mine is the other.

anyway its a Yamaha 400 SECA. My mom bought it about 7 years ago for $800. Then I got a hold of it and got my license. Before that I only rode snowmobiles and 4 wheelers. Its a fun little bike. The guy I bought it from did some work to it and put a nice Dunlop on the rear. I had the clutch redone when I got it. Its pretty quick. I can pull wheelies on it about 6" high. No windsheild or any cowlings though. I still like it. I think I am going to rebuild the carbs this summer and pimp it once and awhile. Prolly the days that I don't want to have the new R6 out in the weather. I don't want it to get dusty and shit. I blue booked the SECA after I bought the R6 and it blue books for the same I bought it for. So if I sell it for the blue book its like I had a free bike for 5 or 6 years. I think I am going to give it to my little bro though if he dicides to learn how to ride. He is 20 but he only rides snowmobiles.

12. J300ZTT-ATL

J300ZTT-ATL New Member

there's a brand spanking new 02 R1 at the local dealer here,,,, price reduced to 8500. I'd buy it but I know I couldn't handle an R1 yet. Let me know if you want that dealer's phone number.

13. MWHC22

nope don't need anymore quotes or anything. I already have had my 2003 R6 for a month and a half now. Got a good deal too.