GUN What is the legality of carrying a SUB-2000 interstate(NY&CT)?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeepilot, Nov 19, 2009.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

If I were to say get a SUB-2000 or any other folding carbine and put it into a mount in the cab of my pickup, with the mags locked up and the gun "covered up", but not necessarily in a locked case. What would be the legality of traveling through Connecticut and New York on a regular basis. On the Sub-2000 specifically, since you can fold it in half and "lock" it in that position. Would that be considered "locked"?

Thinking of getting one and mounting it in the pickup, but not wanting to have to worry about taking it out when traveling through NY on my way to and from work.

It's the next best alternative to a pistol, which would not be possible to bring into and out of NY on a regular basis.

2. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

You have a permit?

Carrying in the cab without in CT=bend over

and I'd imagine NY would be the same.

3. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

I have no idea, but it's an interesting proposition, since the SUB2000 cannot be fired when folded.

4. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I possess a CT permit, but that's only good for pistols in CT. Hence my want for a rifle, that wouldn't require a NY permit of any kind.

Really interested in the SUB-2000 self-contained lock being considered as "locked" as in a case. Seems to me, to be more secure than a case since you have to destroy part of the gun to get it apart.

For those from NY, their rifle carry requirements are that it has to be in a "locked case" and the ammunition has to be in a locked case/ compartment separate from the gun. Correct?

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

My understanding of NY laws is VERY small but i was under the impression that locked case rules for long guns were community or county (like nyc) specific and not state wide so the answer would depend where you were traveling through the state

6. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

I'm pretty sure they don't allow guns in NY.

7. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

lol. Did my pics motivate you?

8. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

If you posted in that other Sub-2000 thread with it mounted up behind the driver's seat, then yes. And damn you for showing me those pictures:squint:.

Now I think I need one.