what is the last thing

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Hoodoo, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoodoo

Hoodoo OT Supporter

That goes through your head right before you go for a new record?

Ib Are people looking at me weird when I squat because my boxer briefs make a panty-line under my shorts.

2. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

you'll never get xxx on the platform if you dont get this weight right here.....or something like that

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Nothing, nothing at all. Turn the mind off and put the body on autopilot :p

4. TZ

TZ Banned

i really dont think about anything , just concentrating on taking a couple huge breaths of air

5. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

The phrase "This is your weight" goes through my head. Along with the faces of people who have put me down in my life.

6. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

agreed.

I just try to get real pissed at the Iron.

7. TZ

TZ Banned

maybe wasting energy :dunno:

"Ed Coan once stated in an interview that during his down time prior to a meet he relaxes as much as possible; listening to relaxing music and thinking very little about the meet as not to trigger that rush of adrenaline we all feel when we think about a meet that is approaching"

"Picture this: You are at a small venue, a local gym or maybe a youth center type setting and the stage is set for the squatter to approach the loaded bar in his first ever competition. He looks over at the bar and as his buddies scream and yell “Do it man, you can do it!,” the alpha-male of the group gives his buddy a good smack in the face to insure maximum intensity. After being smacked around by his boy, who is just a pumped up as the lifter, the lifter (after smacking himself a couple of times too) heads bound in his knee wraps and squat suit toward the squat rack. He very intensely grabs the barbell and yells some unintelligible verbage and begins shaking those plates around. He gets under the bar, and squirms and yells some more, finally taking those couple or three steps back and begins his decent on his first competition squat ever. Sure enough, he sinks it waaaaay below parallel but unfortunately, down is the only direction he is going to be able to accomplish on this day. Two failed attempts later and our pumped up, slapped-up-side-the-head squatter is out of the meet.

Same day, different venue. In this case the lifter is big multi-world champion Bill Nichols of the APF and WPC. Bill is a lifter who is full of fire and fierceness just as the novice lifter mentioned above but except for the few grunts and mutters he is as still and silent while looking at the bar as one can be. The reason for this is because Bill is not really looking “at” the bar but rather “through” the bar at the mental image of himself performing and succeeding at this lift. Bill, a member of the exclusive 1000 lb squat club is very familiar with competition, and controlling the Id which Freud believes we all possess. Bill knows that shaking the weights releases energy, yelling releases energy and that is energy he is not willing to expend, nor squander prior to the lift. Following a few moments of visualization, Bill approaches the bar, sets up under the bar, stands up with the weight and there it is…the look of intensity, the look of a champion. The judge yells “squat” and Bill, with his impeccable form, squats deep and shoots up with the weight like a Pop-Tart being shot out of the toaster. All his energy, adrenaline and hormone release was contained until the precise moment it was needed. "

http://www.maroscher.com/shaketheweights.html

8. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Different strokes for different fokes. I really dont think shaking the bar is gonna waste so much energy that you cant make your lift. But what do I know?

9. Memor

Memor Active Member

grab the bar and kinda grind my hands on the knurling back and forth while i get my breathing right

think about if i were at a serious gym with a lot of strong guys, and how it'd be pathetic/etc if i couldn't lift this weight in front of all of them that they use for warmup

that's about it :dunno: thinking about stuff that'd make me "angry" never works

10. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

'I got this.'

11. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

"aint nothnig but a peanut"

12. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

Most of the time it's "LETS DO THIS!!"

13. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

"IM GONNA FUCK YOU UP" or when I'm feeling more reserved: "It's all in your head".

14. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

i try to relax, but up until the second or two i try to lift it off the bar

15. bear

bear frankly rover i dont give a "woof

LITE W8!

Srsly, I think of lyrics in songs...static-x push it, control it, destroy all. mudvayne...push it through

sometimes i will think of what i want to become, and i think to myself if i dont do this then i wont acheive my goal.

16. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

I don't think of much, I don't think.

Usually just it's only xxx more pounds than last time, so it can't be that hard.

17. ilovepie

ilovepie Guest

I've never really paid attention, but I'm pretty sure I sing the lyrics of the song I'm listening to on my MP3 in my head, while thinking about stuff like "Fucking fag you better move this gay weight etc. etc. etc."

18. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

I dont really think about the weight. i try to visualize my form and make sure i mentally go through my checklist of things i need to do to keep my form right. I know if i screw up the form when i go for a bigger lift then what i'm normally working out with then the consequences are multiplied

19. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I sit with my eyes closed and picture evil shit... I try to think of the most satanic and fucked up shit I can. I usually picture that senator dude that blew his own head off in front of the camera crew and I get a lot of world war II video clips that I've seen running through my head. After that its a hit of ammonia and nothing else... don't think, just like Cave said, I go on cruise control. I usually don't remember PR reps, I just kinda come to after the bar is racked.

20. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

homophobe lol

21. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

i have the worst self-esteem.. i usually second guess myself :rofl:

i suck.

22. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

that's going to get you far in life.

23. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

"I am, somebody."

24. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

i go to the gym to not have to think about anything, so that's just what i do.

25. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

i have some days like that. I'm just kinda like, well it's there, I might as well lift it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.