GUN What is the general consensus on Vulcan Arms?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Zylo, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Zylo

Zylo big time. hard line. bad luck.

I've always wanted a .50BMG rifle, but they are all extremely expensive and usually magazine fed. I'd prefer a simple, clean, single-shot. The local store has a Vulcan V50SS on display (pictured below)

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

I like the Barett rifles because of the compact bullpup design, but again I really do want to keep to the age-old K.I.S.S. methodology. Especially since these guns are quite expensive enough as is.

As far as first impressions, it seems to be built like a tank, with a big fucking barrel that looks like it belongs on a tank :eek3:

Thoughts or suggestions? :)

Oh a preemptive "fuck you" to those that say i'm retarded for wanting a .50 cal, i'm free to buy what I want, it's my money and it is perfectly legal. Also, anyone suggesting AWP can go to hell kthxbye :wavey:

2. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

3. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

you didn't mention how much it is. if it's more than 2.3k, just get an Armalite AR50. or you could go the cheap route and buy a 1.5k AR15 .50bmg upper and then buy a 250 dollar complete AR lower.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I believe Vulcan use to be Hesse... I'de be cautious about their products, one of the few companies that were able to fuck up the AK design. They put out some HK parts kit guns that were shit too.

5. Zylo

Zylo big time. hard line. bad luck.

$1999 and I guess you can buy it online and they will ship it to you, legally? Scam??

6. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

um, no. they can't ship firearms to u.

7. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i looked at their website and they don't ship to you. you're gonna have to get it shipped to an FFL. vulcan arms is legit. that rifle with the metal stock for $1,799 looks pretty cool too.

8. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Vulcan is legit in the legal aspect. As far as quality goes, it's shit. If you really want a .50, get something good.

9. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

yea, their ARs suck balls. if i were u, i'd go ahead and spring the extra couple hundred for an AR50.