What is the best polish and wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 134k, Mar 31, 2002.

1. 134k

134k Guest

to use? I use Meguiars but there must be something better out there (and don't say Zaino either....been there done that. We tried that at the shop and we managed to get Meguiars to match the reflection of Zaino).

2. Mikel

Mikel .

Moving to show and shine, Scottwax shall show you the light :p

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you want the ultimate in a wet, glossy shine, then try Pinnacle Paste Glaz or Sovereign. Be aware that either one is very expensive-Paste Glaz is about $40 for 8 oz and Sovereign is nearly $80 for 8 oz. You should be able to find a link to order it on www.autopia-carport.com . If there is not a direct link, try their main detailing forum on their bulliten boards. Someone will point you in the right direction. Both waxes are carnuba based, so they won't shine as much as a synthetic wax like Klasse, Zainos or Meguiars #20 Polymer, but they do have a wetter shine.

4. s2ky2k

s2ky2k New Member

I am a big fan of Blitz, great stuff and the price is not that bad. I have not compared it to Pinnacle, but the shine is better than any carnuba that I have tried.

With any wax, carnuba or synthetic. if am convinced that 90% of the results are the preparation and application. There are differences in the quality of wax, but the best product in the world on an improperly prepared surface will not yeild good results.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2002
  5. Scottwax

Absolutely right. Surface prep is the real key to a long lasting shine. Just like using the best speakers in the world with a shitty head unit-you may get better sound, but not nearly what the speakers are capable of. Same with polishes and waxes. The smoother and blemish free the paint, the better it will look when waxed.

6. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

ScottWax:

What is your opinion on Mother's products? I dunno, it's just the brand I've been using for a while. Price is decent, I take my time and I'm happy with the results. Is Meguilar's much more expensive than Mother's and aren't both carnuba based?

7. IAMwhitey

IAMwhitey New Member

Mothers

8. foxbat

foxbat Guest

for synthetic waxes: Klasse

for natural (caranuba) P21-S

9. Scottwax

Mothers is definitely a step above Turtle Wax and stuff like that, but they don't have the incredible range of surface prep products like Meguiars does. Carnuba bases do not mean the waxes are equal. Meguiars #26 has a great shine, but Pinnacle Souveran (which is also carnuba based) has a wetter and deeper shine due to the type of carnuba and other ingredients. It also costs a hell of a lot more.

If you are happy with Mothers, by all means, continue to use it, but you can probably get a better shine using Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7 and High Tech Yellow Wax #26 than with any similar Mothers combination.

If you want to go high end, you can use Pinnacle, P21S or Blitz for carnuba waxes and Zainos and Klasse for synthetics.