What is the best mobo/AMD processor combo?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

A friend of mine is looking to build a new computer and I wanted to see if I could get any recommendations on the best mobo/AMD combo right now. He's looking to build a computer that is 50/50 gaming and everyday use, and wants the best bang for his buck thanks.

2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

best bang for how many bucks? a 3500 is really nice, but a 3200 will do you just fine for ~$80 less. how much you wanting to spend? and what about hard drives? you need IDE drives, or SATA? some mobo's wont let you have more than two IDE devices. At least give us a budget to think about.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I'm not sure what his budget is, but I know he's interesed in the 3400+ A64. He already has the 2 hdd he wants to use, both are IDE with the smaller being 40G for the OS and programs and the other being 250G for music, games, movies etc.

He already has everything else he needs to finish the computer. That's why he's just looking for the mobo/processor and 1G of RAM.

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I also wanted to add that he needs a board with an AGP slot. He's not upgrading his graphics card yet and I noticed this board doesn't have one.

5. gaybutsex

gaybutsex New Member

3200+ and MSI K8N neo2 platinum. The 3200 will overclock better than the 3400, and it's cheaper. The neo2 platinum is the best nforce3 board for overclocking that I've seen so far. And it has an AGP slot, of course.