What is the best Cell phone out right now?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mitsubi, Jun 14, 2005.

1. mitsubi

mitsubi OT Supporter

I need to get a new one and was thinking about a Razor3 or Motorola MPx220. Any other suggestions or help on better phones is more then welcome.

2. LisaMarie84

LisaMarie84 OT Supporter

probably help to know a few key things

1. what provider you have (sounds like Cingular to me)
    2. What you NEED your phone to do
    3. What you WANT your phone to do

MPX220 is no longer sold, check out the audiovox smt5600. same phone, non-flip though. I have the MPX, my roommate has the audiovox, both phones are simply :bowdown:

Razr is a waste, at least as far as features go. That, and you and every joe schmoe with 200.00 in his pocket now will have one.

IMO, smartphone is the ONLY way to go :bigthumb:

EDIT: FUCK, g/f forgot to log the fuck out :mad:

3. mitsubi

mitsubi OT Supporter

first.. thanks for the info.. :bowdown:

and yep..i have cingular.. now as far as what i want in the phone is a camera, video games, windows and kinda would rather have a flip phone. I have a buddy who has the MPx220 and from what I have seen from that ... maybe I will try and find somewhere that still has it. Thanks again, and your gf is a cutie :bigthumb:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, imho, the BEST phone is the one that doesn't do all that annoying shit. Make calls. Receive calls. Speakerphone. Caller ID. Address Book. If it has that, I'm done.

5. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I would sell you my SMT5600 but not for as cheap as cingular is selling them.

6. Logical

Logical New Member

How does your SMT5600 compare to your T650?

7. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost Jesus is so f*kin' metal

Here's the new moto phone for Verizon (used to only be the v710). I think it only has an engineering model out right now, but I suggest waiting on it if you're looking to buy soon. The v710 is good, but pretty crippled. The e815, we're hoping, will be less crippled.

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,82,00.html

The CDMA Razr has also been released by Moto Korea recently, and I hope we get it over here by the end of the year. The Razr's are slick looking phones, though I won't buy one until I've read a few reviews on the performance with Verizon.

If you want a good Verizon phone right now, go with the v710. Like I said, it's crippled, but it's a solid freakin' phone. It's quite hackable, but still no hacks for OBEX.

I tend to prefer the motorola phones over others. With Verizon as a carrier, you get a superior network for a cost in what phones you can choose. It stinks, but I'd rather my phone work wherever I am instead of being reduced to a fancy looking gameboy half the time.

8. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

If you talk more than you text/im/email, its fantastic. Great speaker volume and good call clarity. The SMT can be a tad slow, but not a problem if you power cycle the phone every few days.

9. giovannii

giovannii Death

The LG9800, LG’s upper class QWERTY phone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#
    Sony Ericsson K750i :bowdown:

11. Ayutollah

Ayutollah Guest

this is true

12. Enkidu

Enkidu New Member

Wow, i was just gonna post this same question. I bought the v710 when it first came out, and it really is a solid phone, just crippled as people have said. I since upgraded to a Verizon Treo 650 for the last month or two and love it, but hate it's size. I have since decided that I don't need all the features. If anyone has any suggestions fo rthe Verizon network, I will take them. I stringly considered switching to TMobile again (used to have a sidekick) for the a630, but they discontinued it. :mad:

Any suggestions? Here's what I need: Small, prefer qwerty, expandable memory a plus, AIM and pop3 email. BT is also a very good feature. That E815 looks hot, I also like the RAZR that just came out for Verizon.

13. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Sony Ericsson W800i :bowdown: