SRS What is my problem (relationship wise)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by trek65, Mar 9, 2009.

1. trek65

trek65 New Member

To help everyone avoid reading a cluster fuck I have a problem getting attached to girls... but not stalkerish or flirty-ish

I started dating a girl a little over a month ago (made a thread about a break up we had).. and from the get go I was never very enthused about her plainly because we didn't have anything in common, we both just had a lot of fun whenever we went out partying.. and the sex was very good.. well anyways, we break up for trust issues after the first or second week becuase she thought i was cheating on her already (RED FLAG).. and after that we got back together and she said that i never acted really interested in her so from then on I started treating her a lot better..(girl was nothing but a party animal, drunk, and sex freak.. going nowhere in life).. so I figured me treating her better was what was gonna help her feel better, as she has been treated like shit her entire life.. and after that it seemed every weekend we would get in a fight, and I knew it was doomed, but again did not feel attached or caring of losing the relationship..

well finally we go out drinkin this last week and we go to a dance club, Im not much of a dancer, and she knows it.. jus tnot a fan, have no rythm (im white).. she wanted to dance in the big mosh pit, I did not.. we fight, go to the car, fight more, break up, get back together, break up, get back together... both just goin at it with the arguing.. finally we end up back at the parking lot where my car is.. and we argue a little more.. finally she says that she doesnt want to compromise herself for anyone.. so after arguing a little more I finally had enough and got out of the car and left..

ever since then it hadnt really bothered me, I kept myself busy to keep it off my mind.. tonight I decided (stupidly) to im her and see whats up.. she basically re-says what she said int he car.. then blocks me..

Idk, I dumped her, I should feel nothing after this, but for some reason I do.. I care, but I really dont.. I wouldnt date her right now if I had the chance.. I just cant explain how I feel.. its difficult..

I guess I need help figuring ways to better get over people.. I just have difficulty letting go.. I can dump girlfriends if I dont like them, I can tell friends to fuck off If I dont like them, but I for some reason dont like having people not like me.. I have tons of friends and tons of exes who I can call up at any time and hold a legit convo with.. but idk, I just feel really foolish for even caring about this situation..

any advice? any good reads I can find to help me overcome or understand this problem?

;;edit;; shit feels so much better to type out..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I just think you want to win the argument rather then win the girl. Because argue whise both of you didn't reach an agreement this thing is still going on like a washing machine.

The best thing to say to yourself in such a situation is ' if you don't agree with me, get the hell out of my life', and just end it right there. You dont like her you just got to like arguing and didn't know how to quit that even tho in your heart you already quitted liking her.

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

she's a loser man just move on

4. trek65

trek65 New Member

didnt even think of it that way

5. PnutButterFluff

PnutButterFluff New Member

I think your having a normal dude reaction. It sounds like you had an amazing sex life and that is more important than any guy will admit. So basically what I think your having a problem with is something that got to me with my ex for a while after we broke up which is I kept making up reasons why it was so good when we were together. All I really missed was the sex once I realized this I got over her pretty quickly. This might sound a little harsh but it was the fact for me and maybe if you think about it it might be the problem for you too.

6. trek65

trek65 New Member

yeh its definitely the reason I was with her.. I was in no way emotionally with her.. she was not about sex until she was dating so I had to do it.. and even though I broke up with her, Im just mad shes taken such an immature route to get out of this and I think thats the only reason i get mad.. but yeah, I definitely appreactiate the advice

7. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

You're not showing a backbone. If you are done with it, then be done with it. Block her phone number.

8. northw3st

northw3st New Member

girls are more appealing when you can't have them. no matter how pathetic they are.

9. THoC

THoC New Member

seems to me like you want to be the one doing the dumping. but bc you IMed her and she blocked you its almost like she had the last word.

its ok to lose sometimes. get over it.

10. trek65

trek65 New Member

true true true.. I am really not missing her (relationship wise) at all.. I am just mad about not being the stronger one coming out of the rela even though I dumped her

11. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Just gotta let it go.

In a way you are the stronger one bc you actually have things going for you in life. Five years from now she'll still be going nowhere. As corny as this sounds even if you lost a fight, you're still winning in the end.