What is involved in Building besides putting it all together.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Dec 17, 2005.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

What is involved in building a PC besides just putting all the parts together.
    I mean as far as installing OS and drivers or what not? When you put it together do u install the OS, and then do drivers? Dont u need drivers for the video card etc?

just wondering, want to make sure before I go out and spend 550-600 on a new computer.

2. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

Yes...you build it(hardware wise) then install an OS. The OS will then install drivers, if need be you install dirivers once the OS is 100% installed. Get updated drivers and such....

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

gracias, so I dont need to like have another computer to download stuff onto DVDs do I? Just have an iBook right now, but most likely hoping to be ordering the first half of my stuff for my PC build tommorrw (just need to go over it with my pap, and get my cash into his paypal account).

4. teamelement3

teamelement3 BFB

you may want another compuer around to lookup stuff if you get stuck, but that's about it. good luck

5. zanyspy_dude

zanyspy_dude King of teh n00bz

what they said, plus if the parts you buy need drivers, they will come with their own cd (or atleast my video, mobo, and tv-card did)

6. CrackaLackaZe

CrackaLackaZe New Member

its just like legos, except with software. hardest part is knowing what problems to expect (mainly due to drivers), so do your research.

7. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

yeah, I've got my current (reliable iBook), and then like 3 others that I can hook up if needed.

Thanks guys

8. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

Ive found that even if im reformatting or redoing someone elses computer. Its very hand to have another computer and a memory stick. It comes in handy because it doesnt need any drivers and its fast and easy. :bigthumb: