SRS What is happinness like?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Aug 3, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Is it always being positive? Is it always seeing the good side of a situation? Does it feel like your actually living life? Is it easier to accept death? Are you self conscious? Do you feel accepted by other people? Do you have more energy throughout the day? Are you more open minded? Is it easier to socialize? Can you ask for anything more? Do you physically feel better, or just mentally? Are your relationships better? Is dating easier? Do you feel support from others when you are doing something challenging? Do you laugh more?

Just what is it like in general?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Happiness is hard to generalize, but if I had to explain it:

Happiness is the feeling at which a single being is contempt with that current instance of time and, when no other feeling of negativity or regret hinders the being'ss actions or reactions.

In lamen's terms... happiness is when you aren't sad. ^.^

Black and white man, it's all black and white.

3. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Writhe,

In this forum many people have dealt with suicidal feelings and surely you can understand why that particular response is inappropriate.

4. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Is it always being positive?

Most of the time, Yes. I don't think you can be negative and be happy at the same time.

Is it always seeing the good side of a situation?

If you only see the good side of something, then thats being naive. I see the good and bad side of things. If you always see the good side of a situation and then the situation turns sour then you'll be miserable. At least if you see the bad side of things, you'll know not to be disappointed.

Does it feel like your actually living life?

If you are happy then it does feel like you are actually enjoying things more.

Is it easier to accept death?

Its never easy to accept death.

Do you feel accepted by other people?

Yes. People will accept you more if you are a happy person. No one wants to be around a negative, depressing sad person.

Do you have more energy throughout the day?

Hmmm...Yea, sometimes...It depends on the day, I guess.

I don't think its possible to be happy all day every day. Sometimes there are things that make you sad or depressed but getting over it and moving on is the recovery process that some people don't have.

Are you more open minded?

I am open minded regardless.

Is it easier to socialize?

Yes.

Can you ask for anything more?
    No.

Do you physically feel better, or just mentally?

Mentally, Yes.

Are your relationships better? Is dating easier?

Dating does flow smoother if you are a happy person. Like I said before, no one wants to be around a sad, depressing person. Relationships are also easier too...

Do you laugh more?
    Yes

Just what is it like in general?

Feeling good and being upbeat

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've been blissfully happy for a long time now. Why? Because I make my life the way I want it. I have a great family that I keep in touch with, great friends, a great SO. A job that's not so amazing, but I am starting a great job in the next few weeks. There's nothing worse than people who sit around and wonder why their life sucks and they are depressed. I was like that once and realized sitting on your ass and not trying new things is only going to make your life boring and routine. Do something.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Sitting on your ass and moping about how shitty your life is will not make it better. You know this, I know this: Everyone NEEDS to know this

7. Barky

Barky woof

Happiness, the emotion, is a fleeting thing. You may feel happiness in your life for a while but it will always fade eventually. What you need to realize is the deeper set emotion of joy. If you find something that you base your life upon that means something and always move toward it.... you will find joy.

People always try to ask "why am I not happy?"... they become confused and don't know why they can't be ecstatic all the time. I can tell you that happiness never lasts, but you can have joy in your life.

8. cosmo0713

cosmo0713 New Member

Happiness is a warm gun.

9. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Happiness? To me, defined:

Waking up in the morning with a smile on your face because you're next to the girl you love.
    Seeing her smile, and telling you that you love her before you leave for work / she leaves for work.
    Hitting the accelerator in a fast car.
    Standing up and riding a wave to shore.
    Pulling off that lick on the guitar that's been eluding you for centuries.
    Drinking a beer and relaxing with your best friends on the weekend.
    Looking at your bank account and knowing that while your balance might suck, you have everything you need in your life.
    Nailing that horrendous cross-wind landing on one wheel.
    Playing with your dog, and knowing that he doesn't have a care in the world, because for that moment, nothing else matters other than him chasing after that stick and proudly retrieving it.

...the list goes on. There are many things in this world that make me happy.

Happiness is perception.

There are plenty of things to be happy about in life. As soon as you figure out where the correlation lies, the better off you'll be.

10. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Happiness to me is being able to smile and laugh easily and frequently. no faking it.

11. ahtnamas

ahtnamas OT Supporter

I really don't know.

12. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

happiness is remembered, not experienced.

13. ahtnamas

ahtnamas OT Supporter

This is probably the best answer I've read.

14. Lekatt

Lekatt New Member

Happiness is knowing:

15. oatmeal

oatmeal New Member

Happiness is an abstract idea, a frame of mind... gets yours there.

16. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

Do you work out family guy? If i'm depressed it makes me feel a 100x better just to work out.

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Happiness is a certain combination of chemicals in your brain that brings about certain feelings which can change your perspective on life. It can be short term or long term. It can be induced artificially (drugs) or naturally (good things happening in your life).

No. Being positive tends to be a result of being happy, but I've been happy plenty of times and still been negative. The difference is, when you're happy but still negative, you're not as affected by the negative outcome.

For example:

An unhappy person: "I have to do x tomorrow and that sucks. I don't want to go. Fucking bullshit." And they spend the rest of their day being stressed about it.

A happy person: "I have to do x tomorrow and that sucks. Oh well." And they spend the rest of their day being minimally affected by it.

But a happy person isn't going to be excited or positive about having to do something that still sucks. It's the chemicals in your brain that are responsible for the difference in outlooks, however.

Sort of. It can be. But again, this is a result of the happiness.

Absolutely.

You're just not as affected by the concept of death.

For example, a lonely guy who is depressed will probably not be happy that he has to die. On the other hand, a guy who has a fulfilling life or whatever will probably like "well, it sucks that I have to die, but I lived a good life and I had fun." I'm sure he doesn't want to die, tho.

Yes, but not as much as normal. There is a tremendous boost in self-confidence that comes from being happy. And this has a snowball effect because when you're happy, other people tend to be more drawn to you, which can make you happier, etc.

Sort of. But if you aren't accepted by other people, you don't care, because you're happy, anyway.

omg yes.

Possibly. I don't think that being happy changes someone's fundamental belief structure. But just the act of being less negative can lead to being more open, hence my answer of "possibly."

Yes.

Can you ask for anything more than being happy? No.

The mental changes can lead to physical changes.

Yes.

Yes.

I guess. I don't think being happy has a direct affect on this, however.

Yes.

The opposite of being depressed. Imagine just enjoying life, like feeling the energy of everything being good in the world.

Note: I'm pretty neutral/depressed right now. I'm writing this from memory :rofl: