What is happening to me? Recovery increasing outta control

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by antihero, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I have been cutting for 3 months. Things have been going well. im down 18# or so and looking good while still making significant strength gains. about a month ago I added CEE and i believe that spurred some strength gains that helped me blast through some long standing plateaus, combined with some very very serious dedication. Diet has been solid, rest has been ~7 hours a day which is pretty good for me. Ive been having awesome workouts, setting PR's left and right.

this week im feeling beat to hell. I have no idea whats going on. I usually lift chest monday or tues. took off on monday for the holiday. only drank one night over the holiday, and i usually drink 2 nights a weekend. this tuesday i just felt in no condition to lift, figured ok, ill take day off. Last night i had an aweful workout. I felt like i was trying to work chest 4 days after the last chest workout, but it had been at least 8 days. wtf? My back still feels tore up and its been at least 5 days since my last back day.

only variable i can think of is that i ran outside twice. once for 3 miles with hill sprints at the end. I felt like i was going to puke+die. and then ran for an easy 2 miles. usually ill just do hit on the erg or 10-15 minutes on the eliptical... :dunno: I guess the other variable is that i had really good workouts last week...

Any suggestions? get more sleep? more calories? Seems weird, because i havnt made any significant changes to either.. Maybe its just time for a week off? maybe some kind of alternate training for a week or two?

Background. been lifting for 6 years. Solid lifting program for at least 3, with 2 ~6 month breaks for snowboarding injuries. diet and rest has never been all that solid.

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

answered your own question.. do all of the above.

3. Ricky_Blanks

Ricky_Blanks New Member

Take a week off, bro.

4. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Go have sex with a hot prostitute, take 10cc's of test, a handfull of d-bol and call me in the morning!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.