What is better about the Ultimate detailing machine?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by BradUF, Nov 3, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am about to buy a Porter cable for the 200 dollars worth of pads that I have sitting around but someone suggested the UDM. They both look the same to me but one I have never heard of and I would like to know the difference. Mostly, if this is just some trendy buffer that has been pushed into the elite detailing community.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I have both the PC, Cyclo and UDM. The UDM definitely has more power than the PC and nearly as much as the Cyclo.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Thanks, I am going to get the UDM then.

4. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

Rotary on low speeds.

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I hated the UDM. I then changed out the EDGE2K system and went with a standart backing plate and Lake Country pad set up. Holy hell!!! Awesome machine. Seems the Edge system had to much rotating..errrrrrrrr.....oscillating mass for the UDM. The machine is awesome for correction. I still prefer my Cyclo for my one step jobs though. It just covers so much more area. Plus, if you have a PC, you get 50.00 credit for the UDM via their site.

I have to give props to David B. on this machine.

But then again...........the new G110 is on it's way. It looks to be better than UDM too.

Check out the chart........love the handle!!!
    http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/47091.aspx

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

When is the G110 going to be out? I dunno, I might just go with a normal PC... I think tonight is the last night to get the 20% off..

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you don't need to do any major correction, the PC will suit you just fine. If your car has hard paint though, I'd go UDM or Cyclo.