What is all this about 1z???

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by n2_space, Dec 11, 2004.

1. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

I read and saw a thread on Autopia about 1z sending letters and stopping distributing in NA??? The thread has disappeared now, but what is the story on this? If I read it correctly, only e-commerce sites (ie web only places) were no longer going to get to be able to sell 1z, only actual stores will? I want to clear this up and figure out what the deal is :dunno:

2. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

I think that is exactly what is happening.

Over on DC they were saying distros are getting letters basically saying "don't let the door hit you on the ass."

1z is going to lose alot of business like this... I've never seen them at any store offline.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

That sucks, I'd better buy up some MP and GW, they are amazing on metallic paints.

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Yep... me too, I guess some of my bonus is going to be stocking up on 1z stuff :sad2:

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

I saw an update about there being a misunderstanding with a third party that the NA distro didn't bother to clear up :confused: :wtf: What in the fuck is going on? This is bullshit all shrouded in mystery.... even the threads were deleted on Autopia (although DC still has a thread). This is really really fucking :greddy:

6. solaraguy

solaraguy Guest

Autopia removed the threads to protect themselves from any legal backlash. Apparently 1Z USA is eliminating web only dealers and will only allow dealers with a store front to sell their product.

IMHO they're shooting themselves in the foot. There is nowhere in all of Atlanta to buy 1z products; the closest place is Wayne's Towels in Weaver,AL...not sure if they even have a store and if they do it is 2 hours away...their towels are nice but their website looks like it was designed 10 years ago...

Autopia Car Care & Detailer's Paradise are no longer listed as distributors on the 1Z USA web site...these two companies pushed 1z the most prominently so the whole thing seems screwy...it makes you wonder of 1z signed a deal with some one that prohibits on line sales in exchange for national distribution.

If I can't buy locally or mail order I don't know how they expect to keep my business; I'd say most of their loyal customers are in the same boat. You don't need an MBA from Harvard or Wharton to say: :wtf:

7. Scottwax

Speaking of 1Z, how about Glanz Wax on a new Titan?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just awesome on metallics!

8. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Yep, gathered the same info apparently... seriously :greddy:

Scott: looks great! I have yet to try it, but I am sure I will get some when I stock up. Guess I will take a little of my bonus and spend a few hundred stocking up :sad2:

9. Scottwax

n2_space-the easiest way to use GW is to put it in a small spray bottle (actually, a mister works best) and just spritz a little GW on your pad to apply. The stuff is like water and trying to pour it onto your pads can be pretty wasteful.

10. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Thanks for the tip Scott :) I have plenty of those little spray and squirt bottles so I will use that when I get some :)

11. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Order is on the way, spent about $500 stocking up on 1z stuff :o Do you use a foam or a terry pad for GW? I would guess a terry pad? :dunno:

12. Scottwax

I never use terry or mf pads, they absorb too much product. I find foam much easier to work with.

13. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

True :o Thanks, I got the order today, I am going to wait until March or so to use the GW :)

14. solaraguy

solaraguy Guest

Sweet work as always Scottwax. I got the 1z Metallic, Paint & Ultra polishes & some Glanz Wax in the mail today after working a trade with someone on DC. I've heard a lot of good things about the polishes and look forward to trying them. I've got some very fine micromarring that SSR 2.5 didn't touch.