What is a proven good method of Shampooing Auto Carpet?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by shanker, Dec 31, 2003.

1. shanker

shanker unemployed

I have a Harley Davidson F150 that I want to detail this weekend, I also have a Kirby Vaccume with all the attachments, and a shopVac that I usually use, but what is the best method of shampooing the carpets, my wife always brishes her hair in my truck and there is blonde hair ALL OVER my black carpet, along with some VERY minor food stains, but LOTS of ground in dirt, and I want to get it all out.

2. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

for the hair..i have a brush that is meant for clothes but works great on fuzzy/cloth interiors..also works good for left behind fleece and other bs. i also have an attachment on my vacuum that has bristly hairs on it and it groups all the hairs together(works good on pet owner vehicles) as for the carpets i start by vacuuming/brushing then usually spray turtlewax carpet cleaner on, scrub it with the brush on it, then spray woolite mixture..scrub again with a stiffer brush. then i use my bissel little green to extract most of the moisture then i use the shop vac..then use a terry to final dry