WEB what info is normal to have to provide to become an affiliate marketer?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

i was exploring this idea and was looking at different sites' affiliate programs, and some asked for tax id/ssn number on the sign up sheet. is that normal? others just asked for name and emal.

also, from whom do you get tax statements from affiliate marketing profits?

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

yeah it is normal, if you make enough they will mail you forums for taxes

it is no different than what an employer does

3. duggy

duggy NRA/GLOCK/BIKE/LAND CRUISER/IT/OG CREW

which affiliate programs are you signing up for? i need to expand my horizons so I am looking for other programs. ebay has been very good to me, but im scared one day my account will get terminated due to their policies of slow traffic.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

None yet. I'm super new to this and I'm just taking another look at websites and seeing if they have "affiliate" links at the bottom. To be honest I don't remember which one it was.

what policies are those? do you HAVE to send a certain amount of traffic to them or something?

5. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

hydranetwork & ads4dough are both very reputable

6. hank85

hank85 sudo shred /dev/sda -f -v -z --iterations=6

SN and Tax ID are standard information that is requested from an affiliate.

Rule of thumb, don't give information to companies you have trouble trusting. Do the research around here and other forums you're a member of to see which companies people have positive experiences with.

Networks I am a part of and have had no trouble receiving payments from:

Adsense -- Not aff, but Google will pay you so long as you don't violate any of their rules.
    Adbrite -- Some have reported problems with them. I personally have never missed/have had a delay from these guys.
    Comission Junction -- Love them, payouts are like clockwork. My largest source of income.
    ClickBank -- Peronally, I've had little success with this network, but tbh I haven't really pushed their products and am not too pleased with them. But as far as payments go I've never had any problems.

Those are the 4 networks I trust and have given my information to.

7. Statik

Statik I am The Redworm.

Am I missing something, but with signups for Commission Junction (to be an affiliate) you have to have some rediculous online sales for the past 3 months or something?

New to this as well, but it looks interesting to try out.

8. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

A lot of the more serious affiliate networks are selective in who they pick. They do not want to risk their reputation with advertisers by bringing in people who push garbage leads.

9. Statik

Statik I am The Redworm.

Thanks for the info....I was reading it wrong....I was looking at the portion that was listed as a publisher, not an advertiser.

Still very new to this, so I'm doing tons and tons of research before I try it out.