GUN What I need at a gun range

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TankedOutSuicide, Apr 24, 2007.

1. TankedOutSuicide

TankedOutSuicide These aren't the DJs were looking for...

Gonna be going to a local gun range soon that lets you buy ammo and you can use any of their guns with it. Basically gonna go to see what caliber handgun I want to use for a CC. What do i need to bring and whats the procedure? Like do I need anything other than my license? Do they do a background check? Usually how much do they charge for a normal round of shooting??

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

You might need a buddy to go with you. The range I go to in Jax doesn't let you rent by yourself because someone rented one by themselves before then went into the range and committed suicide.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Yup call ahead to see if there's a buddy requirement and bring a fat wad of cash. They'll probably have eyes and ears you can borrow.

Locally I pay about $.75 a target and use maybe 4 in an hour, $15 to rent a handgun, plus the price of their ammo which means it cost me like $30 last week to try their kimber and a box of 50 rounds. Rent a 9mm for cheapness.

4. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

I ran into that just this past weekend. I was in Seattle and went to a range I've never been to before. Walked in to rent a gun and they're like "nope... sorry" WTF????

Fortunatly, if you brought your own weapon, then they'd rent to you. I had my sig with my so ...

I guess if you have your own gun, you don't need one of theirs to shoot yourself with so it's ok. :joshers:

5. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

what range in Seattle?

6. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

7. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

ahhh, I was there a few weeks ago, decent range