COMIC What i just bought:

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Ando, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Ando

Ando CDN Member

1 of: Batman Arkham Asylum
    1 of: JLA Tower of Babel
    1 of: JLA New World Order
    1 of: Weapon X Premiere HC
    1 of: Spider-Man: The Other HC
    1 of: Halo: The Graphic Novel HC
    1 of: Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt Premiere HC

thanks for introducing me to amazon for trades, babbot. there were a few others i wanted, including Marvels, but i realized that i was getting a little carried away and a little poor.:o

2. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

OMG, of all the trades mentioned, Marvels has to be the best among them. You MUST buy it before you get anything else. Arkham Asylum is a good buy, btw. Great story showing how he's just like them.

After you finish Tower of Babel, let me know if it's good or not and I may pick it up. I've always had an interest in the League of Assassins.

If I can recommend something other than Marvels, I'd toss in Kingdom Come, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract, Spider-Man: Blue, Batman: The Long Halloween, and 1602.

3. Ando

Ando CDN Member

i already have all of those except the judas contract..... and marvels :wtc:

4. Bobbot

Heh, I just browsed through older threads and saw you read Kingdom Come, and also mentioned you like action. Well, I thought I'd try and entice you with a book that is low on action, but a great story nonetheless. "Death: The High Cost of Living."

What to you think the best trade is? I still need to read more.

5. Ando

Ando CDN Member

the best trade i own or the best one from the list that i just bought?

the best trade that i own would probably be kingdom come or batman year one. but i own quite a few good ones now. what do you think the best book in your collection is?

6. Bobbot

Oy, I'd have to say "Identity Crisis" is the best; but my favorite is "The Witching Hour" by Jeph Loeb and Chris Bachalo. Not the best story, but it's still good, and I love the art...it's done by my favorite artist, afterall :)

I think the 2nd best in my collection would be Spider-Man:Blue. I like both IC and SM:B because both do the same thing to me emotionally. IC is more realistic and more thought-through, which is why I picked it for best.

7. Ando

Ando CDN Member

i really like tim sale's art and the long halloween is one of my favorite, but i thought that spider-man blue was a little simple in story. i still enjoyed it thoroughly.

by bro just ordered identity crisis so ill be reading that one soon.

8. Bobbot

Heh, I went and bought everything except "Challengers of the Unknown" in original issues by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale because they are perfect on whatever they do. Well, except for Daredevil: Yellow #2. I'm missing that.