GUN What have you guys done to me???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twist_of_fate, Apr 21, 2004.

1. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

Last night I was watching the news and a local FBI agent decided to "borrow" a sniper rifle. Apparently he left the rifle in his Tahoe and someone broke in and stole it (oddly they didn't touch anything else, do you think this might have been planned?). Anyway, how the news brought it up is that it was an Assault Weapon that was stolen. Then they show a picture of a sniper rifle (I think a Remington 700). So I proceed to get into this thing about how stupid the media is because they classify every weapon as an Assault Weapon. Which I then tied into the reason why they are making a huge deal about the Columbine and Koresh anniversaries, is most likely because the AWB is about to sunset and they are trying to scare the public with "Assault Weapons". So my wife, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law start arguing with me about a rifle with a scope is an Assault Weapon and how it's stupid that I care about how guns are classified and that they should get rid of suppressors and at one point how all guns should be destroyed :rolleyes: . Before coming here, I never would have started an arguement about guns, because before I didn't really have any knowledge and didn't really care about my rights. It amazes me at how ignorant people are. Anyway, just thought I'd share. Oh, and (non-sarcastically, just in case) thanks.

2. RCSTZ71

RCSTZ71 Guest

Did the AWB stop Columbine and Koresh thing.... Nope!!!

So the AWB didn't work, let try something new.. like enforcing the laws that are out there now!!!

3. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

:bigthumb: It's good to know that our efforts are bearing fruit. :)

By the way, it makes me angry to hear people saying "you don't need a gun, just call the police!" That's what they did at Columbine. Did it help? Not a bit. ONE armed teacher or security guard could have put a stop to it all. But instead, an entire school - teachers and students alike - was cowering in terror from two psychopaths.

Good thing they called the police. :rolleyes:

4. Werm

Werm Guest

I love the "call the police". It's not there job to protect you, just ask a cop. Most every cop will though, but people need to take there own safety into their hands. The media makes the world out to be some sort of hell hole where everyone with a gun is going to rob or kill you. I also hate how they classify semi-automatic rifles, such as the AR-15, as "assault rifles". It's pretty bogus in my opinion... It's just a rifle. I think the only guns that could even bear the name "assault" are possible guns like the uzi and other small guns that can be converted to fully auto. I still don't think there should be a ban on those.

5. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

When I started talking about it my brother-in-law said that it was an assault rifle because it was a rifle. I told him it was not an assault rifle, it's a hunting rifle that's been tricked out. He said something like,"well it's still a rifle" :rolleyes: . I said he's right, but it's not an ASSAULT rifle.

Oh, and what's funny is he says he knows all about the Brady Bill. Yeah, it's obvious :rolleyes: .

6. RCSTZ71

RCSTZ71 Guest

What does the Brady Bill have to do with assault weapons?

7. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Don't worry; the liberals will get around to demonizing and banning "sniper rifles" next. Anything that looks like a military rifle is an assault rifle and soon anything with a scope will be a sniper rifle.

Get your precision rifles now, boys and girls.

-smn

8. Werm

Werm Guest

I know, that's what I said "I think the only guns that could even bear the name "assault" "

9. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

what is the definition of an "assault weapon"?

If it looks big and bad, or "scary"? :rofl::hsd:

10. mrbill

mrbill New Member

back to the title of the thread.....twist, what we have done to you is give you information. knowledge and the proper application of it is a powerful weapon in it's own right. when dealing with antis or dipshits(one is often the other) it is difficult to get them to see the truth. they are so blinded by what they have seen/heard from the media that they will often refuse to even acknowledge proveable facts. the best thing to do is to try your best to enlighten them and hope it takes.

11. RCSTZ71

RCSTZ71 Guest

12. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

That's what I said. :slap:

13. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

Six months ago, I was like everyone else and could have cared less if they would have called it an assault weapon/rifle or not. Now you guys have given me so much information I try to do exactly as you just said, "try your best to enlighten them and hope it takes". :)

14. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

It should be a goal of every gun owner to convert at least one anti every year. I'm proud to have converted one of the most liberal-tree hugger kids in the school. Though I'm not sure how well I could convert others. This kid, despite being a liberal, was pretty open-minded. Most people won't change their stance, even if proven wrong. It's in our nature as humans to be very stubborn, even more so being Americans (face it, were a pretty arrogant, close-minded nation)

15. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

I'm more afraid of them making the ammunition illegal -- without ammo, it wouldn't be long before all the guns out there are just paperweights.

But that's why I've been stocking up on every caliber for the last few years :big grin:

16. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i'm glad you reminded me. i need to buy a case of IMI and a case of wolf polymer.