MIL What (harmless) jokes or pranks have people done to new recruits?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 202 Stroker, Sep 4, 2006.

1. 202 Stroker

202 Stroker We watch the lightning crack over cane fields ..

I guess this aimed at the more senior guys/officers , stuff like telling a new apprentice to get a can of striped paint, or the "long weight".

Today I gave some new (and a few not so new) Seamen and Able Seamen a layout of the sub, and told them to mark on the layout the position of the golden rivet, where the Key of the Starboard Watch was keep and where the hammock ladders were stowed amongst a list of other things, like where the galley was, where the head is, etc... I stopped them after a hour , but it was funny to see them look everywhere for the rivet :o

2. bassjunky

bassjunky I'm baaaaa-ack!

Tell them to go to the PLT CP and ask for a prick-E7 is always a classic; tell them to get some chem-lite batteries and a box of grid squares....at Bragg we used to tell them to goto Battalion and sign out the keys for Area J....on the land nav course we told them the easiest way to find your point is to "lock" in your azimuth by putting the compass magnifier all the way down so that way their compass would never move and they wouldn't get lost....

3. bassjunky

bassjunky I'm baaaaa-ack!

Hey private, go to the woodline and find me some T-R-double Es....

4. jung918

jung918 Member

We used to tell them to go to the airstation and ask for some flightline.
    There is the ID 10 T forms or the keys to the HUMMV. I used to work at the brig and it was close to the airstation. So, we would get the new joins to get a flash light and if any aircrafts are nearby then you have to let them know that they can't fly around the brig.

5. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

We usually get the new troops to take an exhaust sample w/ a mason jar.

6. Motá

Motá New Member

Whats your job?

7. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

8. mrmephistopheles

mrmephistopheles Not right... in the head.

no no, it's 50 meters of flightline.

We had a whole gang of newjoins come in once, and some of use spent 6 hours just fucking with them. I made up an ID10T form for them to fill out, and another buddy of mine took some of them out to the squadrons to ask for some flightline.
    Another buddy spent 30 minutes explaining and demonstrating how to 'charge' a chemlight with a D-Cell battery. Obviously he took a good one and said it was burnt out, cut the top off, put the battery between the bottom and top (and had the new guy hold it) for 15 minutes, then taped the top back on and broke the glass inside. Voila! Light!

You should've seen the eye on that PFC.. fucking as big as a satellite dish.

9. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

A NCO in my unit back in Hawaii tried this on a new recruit. Kid came back with a box of grid squares. :eek3: He found a map, cut it into individual squares, and put it in a box. :rofl: Nobody had told the NCO the kid was prior service.

10. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Ahh some pretty funny shit.

11. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

:bowrofl:

12. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

in flight school, some of the instructors would tell kids after a flight that they needed a sample of "bleed air" (which is air vented off the engine to run aircraft systems and such). since bleed air is used to inflate g-suits, they would tell the kid to inflate his g-suit after landing (which you could do with a test button), and then hold the end of the hose and walk back into life support with a fully inflated g-suit. truly one of the funniest sights on the flight line. :rofl:

13. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I had a Lieutenant friend of mine in Korea seriously get into trouble while looking for the PRC-O5

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Officers don't like fun, it means you aren't working.

15. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Oh...the Majors and everyone else thought it was hillarious. :o

16. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

Sending the newbies off in search of the keys to the airplane is always entertaining. Exhaust samples are also hilarious.

17. darnit

darnit New Member

keys to the ship,brake line so you can pull into port, enemy satilite watch,mail bouy,bulkhead remover,batteries for the smoking lamp.

18. Topgun

Topgun OT Supporter

:rofl: We used to make new privates get exhaust samples from the HMMWVs in a plastic bag.

19. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

We send the new pvts, to supply, NCO/OIC to ask for ink for our Milstar printer. Its a thermal printer.

20. Kazzander

Kazzander I only got this for the search.

This is MOS-specific, but I once sent a truly retarded radio tech back to our parts cage to get a tube of frequency grease. I've also sent various new joins to find ST rings. Whenever I would encounter a new join on a snipe hunt for someone else, I would tell them that before I could give them what they were looking for, they needed to go to the company office and fill out a BA 1100 November.

At my electronics maintenance shop, we had a PA system used to pass notices and visitor announcements. If you needed to make an announcement or page someone, you called the duty, and they would call it over the PA. Whenever a new join was manning the duty desk for the first time, it was certain that the day would be rife with shenanigans. In the Marine Corps, master sergeants are sometimes informally referred to as "Top." So invariably, you'd hear something like, "Attention in the shop -- Top Ramen, your lunch is ready in the shop office." This one emptied the shop floor, all 136 of us: "Attention in the shop -- all hands, your DD214's are ready for pick up in the company office."

Good times, noodle salad.

21. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

sent guys to get pipe stretchers, sky hooks, K9-P, fill out the ID 10 T, to get their steel toe boots x-rayed which turns into all kinds of stuff... such good times to be had when a new guy shows up

22. mrmephistopheles

mrmephistopheles Not right... in the head.

Haha i just remembered another one.
    Our watch commander (GySgt/E7) came back to the station and one of the road units had picked up a section of hose with a gasoline pump handle attached. The gunny immediately jammed it into the filler hole of his jeep and went to find the Platoon Commander, a bootass LT.
    He showed the LT the handle and hose, and explained that it was his fault and that he was sorry the LT would probably not be promoted anytime soon. He kept this shit up until about 2 hours before we got off work that night, and when he found out the truth, the LT about started crying, but he was still mad so he was yelling at the gunny in a half-cry/half yell..
    Good times.

That LT learned alot that night, and never had a problem with that Gunny in the future.

23. insomnia

insomnia New Member

We had a kid running around for a good 4 hours looking for the keys to a jet :rofl:

24. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

:rofl:

i've heard another variation of that where they give some SF airman a set of keys, and tell him to wake up Maj. So-and-so at about 0300 to give him back his jet keys.

25. darnit

darnit New Member

i just remembered having a female HM looking in cabnit for an 8" in dickfor..and she turned around and asked "whats an 8" dickfor".. ahh the days before political correctness and sexual harrassment