MMA what happens with wandy ??

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kuet, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Kuet

Kuet New Member

now that chuck can sing the song "my girl wants to party all the time party all the time party all the time.."
    who does wandy fight??
    i would like to see him fight tito personally....
    who would you guys like to see him fight first??
    should he fight liddell anyways?

2. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

i want to see wandy fight sub optimal

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

yes

4. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

have him fight liddell. or else it will never happen

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i say he fights tito again but he is already scheduled for a fight. set up wandy vs jardine

6. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

shogun vs tito
    wandy vs jardine
    liddell vs alexander

:dunno:

7. Five7

Five7 Member

Christ. As much as I believe those would be somewhat decent match ups I think all 3 of them are marketing nightmares.

Shogun and Tito could be a great fight if both of them showed the fighters of old, respectively. Could also be a get up and get more beer during the second round kind of fight if they show what they have shown recently. I dont know if the Ken Shamrock killer has a real strong will to fight, anymore, atleast I dont see it. Shoguns cardio also proved inadequate like Ninjas and made for a slow 2nd half of the fight on his part, I think. I just dont see an angle that they could use to hype the fight, even on an undercard.

Jardine is corpse like out of the cage and I still dont think Wandy has a recognizeable enough name in the US market, yet, excluding the hardcore fans. Sadly, alot of the people watching UFC now only know the BIG names of American fighters like Matt Hughes, Chuck, Randy, Rich, recently Rampage, Tito, and few others. I had a guy arguing with me while watching the UFN at BW3s that Fedors name was actually Emelianenko Fedor. IN THAT ORDER. Convinced by an announcement of a Pride replay on FSN that he had seen of the Randleman fight or in his words "ah cut black dude wit sisqo hair". Wouldnt take my word for it and was willing to bet his life that Fedor was his last name. I know Dana is trying to promote Wandy to the US fans but I think it may be too soon to toss him in with someone other than a main event type of headliner.

Chuck and Houston could prove to be Liddells third strike in a row, thus making him "out". I dont know who his next fight will be but I, personally, think Dana will hand him some prey to feast on to build him back up.

8. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I'd like to see him fight Forrest... Maybe he can avenge his friend's loss like Shogun did for him back in the 2005 GP against Arona...

9. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

Wandy vs Chuck now.

Market it as both fighters are coming off 2 losses, Liddell to Rampage and Jardine, Wandy to cro Cop and Hendo. Winner gets a title shot down the line (doesn't make sense, but who cares the UFC doesnt thats for sure)

Jardine vs Griffin II for the next title shot, it makes actual sense.

Shogun vs Bonnar or something. You still want to market this guy, he could be big if he gets used to the cage. Bonnar is tough but I feel Shogun is more skilled, I think that if Shogun can regain his gas tank and aggression he can make this a great fight.

Alexander vs Machida. To test Alexander against someone who isn't going to stand in the clinch and get trashed. Machida can strike from the outside and avoid the clinch game and win. However if Alexander is the real deal he can nullify Machida's movement and win. GREAT FIGHT.

10. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

The more I think about Silva/Liddell the harder I think it would be to market to non hardcore MMA fans. I could just imagine "the voice" trying to describe this fight with the highlight reels rolling :rofl:. I'd still like to see them put the fight together, though. It doesn't really seem all that exciting anymore. I just want to get it over with. It's been talked about for too long and if they don't get it done now they'll never get it done.

11. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

I guarantee that its going to be a main event.

12. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

they should just stack the living shit out of the new years card and not hold a card in January.

13. Five7

Five7 Member

I actually like that idea but sadly it goes against everything that UFC believes, I think. Looks to me as if Dana or whoever thinks more events = better product. Thus we get a semi diluted main event on 76 with Jardine and Chuck. Rest of the world quality > quantity. UFC quantity > *. Dont get me wrong, I dont want to complain about the free events or the UFNs but I think they are producing too many fights at this point.

14. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Are you kidding me? That was one of the best UFCs that they've had in a long time. UFN was awesome, too. There is so much awesome talent out there these days that they HAVE to have a lot more cards just to keep everything moving. Otherwise we'll end up having guys that don't do shit for 6 months at a time.

15. roose

roose Guest

Now that they own the Pride library the UFC should put together a half hour show on Spike highlighting Wandy. Play it 3 or 4 times in the next couple months and Liddell/Wandy will have all the necessary hype.

16. Five7

Five7 Member

Where in my post did you see that I said 76 wasnt a good card or the last UFN, for that matter? I SAID THE MAIN EVENT from Knockout WAS WATERED DOWN, IMO.

Furthermore, I dont know about your concept of time but 6 months between fights isnt really considered being inactive for too long. Especially for title holders. If you think about it there are 5 weight classes in the UFC. If there was 1 PPV per month and each month the main event was a title fight there would be 5 months of inactivity for said title holders. Throw a number 1 contender main event in once every 6 months and that makes 6 months of time between fights for some of them.

UFN is pretty much just for the TUF guys, though, making it a little bit different.

All in all Im just saying not every fighter is like Chris Leben who would seemingly fight 4 days a week if they would put him on. And not every fan wants to see a bunch of filler fights that dont provide enough action, IN MY OPINION, to deem them worthy of being on a card that people pay for. Therefore, once again this is MY opinion, less PPV would = better matchups. If they want to hold some free events here and there with some guys looking to get on the PPVs then I guess I shouldnt complain.

17. wandy has to fight either Forrest or Chuck

either one would be a huge fight at this point. There's no reason not to have him fight chuck. Now both are coming off two losses instead of only one. If a non-title-holding, been-ko'd-twice-in-a-row wanderlei is good enough to fight Chuck, then a two-time loser chuck is good enough to fight wanderlei. The only reason for the fight not to happen now is to protect chuck.

18. Rick0493

Rick0493 New Member

Great Matchups right there.

19. damiand

damiand Proceed

What UFC needs to do is hype fighters, period. I'm not sure why they are so against creating big names, rather they create big fights. Hype the shit out of Wandy, there is more then enough highlight reel out there. And create some hype. The reason Chuck is so popular is because he appears everywhere, hes on TV, movies, and all the good stuff. The UFC needs to look out for their fighters and fucking hype them.

20. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

big names demand big money.

21. Kuet

Kuet New Member

why dont they stack the shit outta the card and still have a january one too:ugh:

22. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

being realistic :ugh: