What happens to all your single friends when you get a girl friend?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BradUF, Nov 10, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Does everyone pretty much let all their friends fade away and adopt new friends who are couples or keep all their old friends but hang out with them less and how do your friends feel about you hanging out with them less? I am always made to feel like I am betraying them.

or girl who gets a boyfriend.

2. Doc Love

Doc Love Guest

If anything I don't alienate my friends. If they want to alienate me over a girl, then I don't need them in my life. Simple as that.

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

nothing changes. why should it?

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

This has happened in past (unhealthy) realtionships.
    In a good, healthy relationships, you should each maintain your friendships, and, at least in my experience, bring your SO into the group of friends to whatever level you're okay with.

5. mrchina

mrchina Guest

my lifestyle doesn't change... imho they become a part of you and not a separate part of yourself.

6. NCS

NCS Active Member

its a bad sign when that happens

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Everyone I know that has a girl friend for a while and things become serious they just hang out with each other 24/7. I don't think I have seen anyone maintain life like it was before.

8. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

And when you guys do hang out.. she is always texting or calling and usually cant hang out long.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Exactly and I have never seen this not happen before.

10. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I hangout with my GF constantly, but I still make plenty of time for my friends and even more time for my friends back home. If all the only thing that cut back in my life was the amount of video games I play and I think thats pretty healthy.

So I shouldn't see why you have to let friends fade, if she truly does consume that much time, drop something that wasn't that great for you anyways. For me it was video games...

11. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

I am one of the only single people in a group of people in couples; you begin to see very little of them. They spend the majority of their time with their SO but this isn't shocking, so it's no big deal for the most part. However a couple of them can't go anywhere or doesn't seem to hang out with anyone unless the SO is there as well, so that's kind of shitty.

People get into relationships, they find new people, etc. It happens.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

How much time a week is plenty of time?

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I keep the same friends. always.

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

But does your time spent with them stay the same?

15. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

You'll obviously spend less time with friends and more time with the new partner.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

A tiny bit. Most of the times my bf and I go hang out with them together and make a night of it. Or sometimes I still choose to go hang with them while my bf has a night in to play all his video games :) His friends are my friends as well. There are definitely a lot of nights where we'll go out with his group of friends. Luckily both our groups of friends really like each other, so we make big group get togethers.

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

i keep the same friends. obviously, i spend exclusive time with my SO and this cuts into some liesure time activity and some "friends" time activity. however i've learned that the most healthy thing to do is to see your friends often enough WITHOUT your SO present.

there are so many people who will keep their so present 24/7 and its really a drag. then there are others that even without their SO they're different people, kind of like beaten dogs...

18. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

We stop going downtown.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I don't have a girlfriend, but I am in love with somebody right now, which produces similar symptoms (only, none of the horrible ones). We've been holing up a little despite ourselves. It's SO easy to not go out when it feels so good just doing nothing with her.

I'm also naturally introverted (although people who know me might disagree), which makes it easy to come up with excuses. We went out this weekend though. That was really nice.

20. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

Fuck it, don't date a girl if she isn't cool to hang out with your friends, seriously.

21. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

Its natural that when relationships are new, you tend to spend more time with the SO than your friends. But there is no reason to ditch your single friends and start hanging out with other people that are in relationships.

If they are your friends, they should understand that you are in a relationship now...its not betraying them in any way because if they started a relationship, they'd probly do the same thing.

22. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I try to get out with my friends as much as possible, problem is many of my friends aren't single, and being as such they don't follow the same principles as I do, end up whipped/disappearing into the vaginal void for ever.

23. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

its not that fucking hard to have a couple hang out with single people :ugh:

last night my gf had a ton of friends over, i think everonye else was single, maybe one dude had a girlfriend i dont rmemeber.

24. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I keep the same friends and try to integrate myself with her friends and her with mine.

I can't lie though, when I have a g/f I spend less time with my friends... It's pretty unavoidable, especially when I prefer spending time with my girl rather than my friends.

It's a tough balance to maintain, but stuff happens. If I don't feel strongly about the girl I absolutely will not make excessive time for her, but if I am in love and have a great connection with her, I make her a definite priority.

25. NCS

NCS Active Member

its normal that you spend less tiem with your friends, however the time you do spend with them should still be spent the same way