WEB what forms of payment do you offer for advertisers?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo, Jan 5, 2009.

1. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

if you accept credit cards, do you have a credit card account or do you just use paypal or something?

2. ROFL

ROFL New Member

paypal - you don't have to be a be a member to send money

3. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

i offered visa, mastercard and amex.. let me tell you STAY AWAY FROM AMEX, feel free to PM me if you want info, but let's just say I was just scammed out of $4450 by a customer who paid with them and AMEX told me it's not their problem

4. rodman8600

rodman8600 OT Supporter

For about a year and a half Paypal has been offering an incredible Web Services API. You can now fully integrate a credit card checkout into your site. Your customer(advertisers) wouldn't even know you're using paypal.

5. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

Hate to break it to you but Visa/MC is the same way, especially so on card not present transactions. I've worked in the E-Commerce business the past 5 years and this problem cost us around $50k a year. 99% of these chargeback's were from customers, who were the cardholders, and for one reason or another weren't happy with their order, broke the parts installing them etc. Most of them never even bothered to contact us bf reporting it as a fraudulent transaction :rolleyes:.

The way the process works is, the customer calls his bank and reports a fraudulent transaction, bank says ok and debits the funds from the merchants account, merchant receives letter informing them of chargeback and it's up to the merchant to try and prove their case.

Visa/MC/Amex could give a shit about the merchants bc they have no choice but to use them, they more interested in protecting their customers (the card holders)

Here's a typical chargeback letter from my "2008 Chargeback Defense" Folder :hsugh:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  6. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

And another

It's rare to win these cases too, no matter what you do :o Such a fucking joke.....chargebacks affect your rates too

7. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

i will take a look at this, thanks.

8. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

check out Google Checkout as well

9. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

i looked quickly for that but missed it, dont know how, I will check it out again, thanks.

10. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I use CDGcommerce.com

They have an API so you can keep the order form and everything on your site... or you can use their checkout system if you want.

11. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

That's a great company, their ceo is really active on another forum I frequent. They provide merchant accounts though, which are completely different than 3rd party services such as paypal and google checkout.

With a merchant account you're actually charging and processing the card yourself, where as a 3rd party service like paypal or google, they actually process and charge the cards on their own merchant account. Your own merchant account is ideal imo as long as your monthly volume is enough to justify the monthly fees (which are much cheaper these days than in the past).