What flexibilty issue is this?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by GuOD, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I think I've finally figured out why my squat never increases.

I decided to do single legged leg presses to go easy on my lower back and made a weird discovery.

I'm right handed/legged (soccer) and my right leg is stronger/more flexible (I think).

Anyway, when I do the press, my body is 30* to floor, weight is 45* to floor, so it's like a 105* angle. I put one leg on the press and the other one I push my heel to my ass. When I go down with my left leg, I can go all the way and it's just tough. When i use my right leg, I can onyl go about halfway and then my entire thigh just feels like it can't go any farther. If i use both legs I can go down all the way. For some reason, in that position my right leg will only go halfway and I'm assuming I'm losing tons of strength at the bottom of double legged lifts/presses because of this.

Any advice on what could be causing this?

2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

is this with low weight, or actual 80+% effort?

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

hip mobility

4. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

so by right leg stronger/more flexible, you mean weaker/ less flexible?
    you should still be able to go up in weights in squating if you are working hard enough. one leg may be compensating more but that doesn't mean the other isn't working at all.

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

And why are you trying to "go easy on your lower back?"

6. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

This was with just 1 plate on the machine. Ultra low weight.

My right leg is definitely more flexible (ie; touching toes and benching back behind to stretch quad, or putting socks on)

I was going easier on my lower back because in a previous thread I was advised by you Ceaze to do fewer lower back strenuous exercises. (ie; chest supported rows) so I figured 1 legged leg press would go easier on my lower back.

What can I do for hip mobility? I know my calves lack flexibilty because they cramp really easily (just flexing it hard while standing = super cramp, but I don't know if it affects leg press).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.