What exactly will a USB Data Cable do for me and my V551?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by maczter, Jan 27, 2005.

1. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

I got my replacement V551 today. Old one had the AA software. New one is BA.

Got the replacement, which is all well and good, but it was just the main phone body. No battery. No battery means I can't have both phones on at the same time to transfer all my stuff. I tried plugging the charger into the new phone and turning it on, but it just comes up and stays on a screen that says it's unable to charge the battery and it won't do anything but show that screen.

I have purchased several wallpaper images, about $50 worth of games and a couple of ringtones over MEdia Net. I really don't want to lose this stuff, especially since I've paid for it.

If I get a data cable, is it possible to copy the "protected" content that I've paid for? I just want to copy it from my old phone to my new phone.

I'd also like to copy all my contacts with all the multiple numbers, e-mail addresses and stuff that won't save if you copy them to the SIM card.

Will a data cable allow me to do all of the above?

Edit: I just downloaded Mobile PhoneTools 3 and it works with the V551 and bluetooth. :bigthumb:

Got my contacts backed up and I'll just forgetut having all the different games on the new phone. I really only ever play Collapse and Blackjack anyhow, so I do't need the others taking up space.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Looks like you answered your own dilemna :)

3. maczter

Yep. Mobile PhoneTools isn't too bad. The interface is neat how it puts a miniature version of your exact phone on the screen and all the buttons on the phone do stuff. :)

4. Ocelot

Ocelot OT Supporter

Can any one tell me where I can download a data transfer program. One that is compatible with my Motorola T730?

5. maczter