What every skinny guy should know

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Abomb, May 4, 2009.

1. Abomb

Abomb New Member

This is one of my favorite articles and i dont believe it has been discussed on here before in depth (it may have been, but oh well we will just revist it in that case). It is long but I highly recommend the read.

This is from pook on one of the pick up forums :mamoru:

Smart, fun, and interesting. So why is it that all the beautiful women always seem out of your grasp?

Why!? You may even be athletic. You can do karate, can run super fast around the track, along with other things. So why does it seem you can get the average to cute girls but the very attractive women seem out of your reach?

What is holding you back is that you are skinny.

“But I like being skinny,” you say. “Look at all those fat people!” Indeed. “Those guys who go to the gym and all are just idiots.”

There was an article in the Atlantic Constitution that said how average women marry skinny guys over big guys. It also said… why am I parroting? Let the article speak for itself:

Quote:
    "When women are choosing mates - except for very attractive women -- they're facing a tradeoff of choosing a guy who's very sexy or one who will stick around and treat them well," he added.
    It is self-evident that beautiful women end up with the masculine men, in other words, NOT skinny guys like you.

I know… I can hear what the objections you’re saying… because I used to make them. It seemed so ‘jock like’ and is ‘below you’.

I have gained over 50+ pounds of muscle mass. There is a saying that when skinny guys get big, when they look in the mirror, they still see the skinny guy. This is true, as my ‘skinny mind’ hasn’t yet caught up with my body.

Let me tell you of the change of reactions I got from the women:

For your reading pleasure,

Fat Girl = Means a big girl that requires an elephant gun.

Ugly Girl = In the same category as Fat Girl. These girls may not be fat, but it hurts to look at them.

Average Girl = They don’t hurt your eyes, but they aren’t amazing enough to attract your eyes. Average girls are the plain Janes.

Cute Girls = Often, they are innocent average girls whose innocence makes them cute. They are a bit picky about who they end up with as they are inexperienced.

Very Attractive = Great curves, long luscious hair, nice everything. These women know they are very attractive and sometimes narcissistically wear outfits to reflect it.

Very Beautiful = Bombshell. Every guy will notice this girl and stare and gawk. You know one of these women are around by seeing the satellites of boys trying to be ‘friends’ with them. Guys fear these magnificent creatures.

I started out around 155 pounds at 6’3 height. This meant that I was very skinny. I was also considered a nice looking guy. Women loved me being tall.

At this point, I had to deal with a lot of fat chicks hitting on me. These girls were BIG and I wanted nothing to do with them. Ugly girls also would come to me. This was me not doing anything. This was what my body was attracting all alone. If I wanted to get a cuter girl, I had to work for it.

I have problems talking to women, not because I am scared or boring, but because I sense the women think I am ‘below’ them. And the truth is that they do.

I date average women.

Already, things have changed. The fat/ugly women still go for me but they don’t think I’m as easy. They want to enter oneitis with me. The ‘unworthy’ girls category would now all be staring at me. To the beautiful women, I’m just a typical guy. Cute girls now enjoy talking to me.

I still date average women and now some cute women

“You are looking very good,” my older female manager told me. The fat/ugly women no longer hit on me (thank goodness!) and people (out of the blue) are asking why I don’t have a girlfriend. Average girls are beginning to stare.

I date only cute women with some very attractive ones mixed in.

Average girls are now hitting on me. Very attractive women are checking me out. At this stage, every woman is happy to talk to me. They all secretly wonder if I’m gay.

I date more very attractive women but still have the cute ones.

OK, when you don’t have a girlfriend at this stage, the ladies will whisper, “Is he gay?” all the time. One girl got bold about it and asked me point blankly, “Pook, you are cute and all. So why don’t you have a girlfriend?” I was stunned by her bluntness (rare among women).

Average women consider me out of their league. Cute ones try to become my ‘friend’.
    I date only very attractive women. Beautiful women are still a bit of an anomalie.

When you get to this stage, something very strange happens. All the attention and staring women gave you is gone (mostly). Ugly/Fat women will despise you as will the average women. Most girls will be scared of you (cute girls, very attractive girls)

Let me give you some examples. One Very Beautiful girl was in several of my classes. I start talking to her and she has plenty of time to leave. But she doesn’t… she stays to keep talking to me. The girls now notice me, but are a bit scared to talk and act around me.

One cute girl is like a leech to me in one of my classes. She must sit right next to me, must ‘borrow my notes’, must talk to me 20 minutes after class everyday…

One Very Beautiful woman was a fitness instructor at my gym (think ‘well muscled’ with nice strong legs (those strong thighs come in handy with her dealings with the Pook-man!)). Every time I saw this girl, she always had a ‘satellite’ boy around her. Who does she end up with? Me.

Or the ultimate example: there was a girl I was in oneitis that drove me to this webpage. As I got bigger, her reactions to me changed as well. At 155, I was ‘average’. At 175, she knew something was up. I got her at 195.

Now I date some Very Attractive women but most are Very Beautiful Women.

I know many of you guys are saying the same thing, “I get beautiful women too and I am skinny!” But the thing is, all these examples here is based on attraction on the body alone. I am NOT working to get these women. My body is doing 99% of the attracting. I can just be a statue and get a response. (But of course, you have to take action. This is based on doing zilch.)

Rather than work hard to get one woman, why not work hard on yourself and get all the women? I don’t work hard to get women, I work hard on my dreams which gets the women automatically.

Like the article says on top, only the extremely beautiful women will risk being with a hunk like you. If you want a girl with a great body, you ought to work on your own body.

Coming from a skinny guy, being big is a totally different world. The worst thing is finding out how people really viewed the old you. People now openly insult my past skinny self and it hurts. It hurts because I never knew they had thought that way of me. Clothes no longer hang on my body properly, but I look terrific naked (I am saying this for the mental imagery of our lovely lady readers).

Big guys are allowed to get away with more things. I allowed to be cruder, to be bolder, to take advantage of women more (I’m serious!), and so on. You can also be stupid as well. My biggest problem is women only wanting me for sex (no, this is not a joke. Yes, it is a problem). You try to find a girl that fits your life and all she is interested in is your body! It is like getting rich and putting up with gold diggers.

However, the risk with body building is that it can turn into a highly narcissist womb. I often think the mirrors in the gyms are not so much to perfect the form, but to perfect the ego. The risk is that you will try to become perfect and we all know that perfect is boring.

Now for a note to the skinny guys who are successful with women. They will, no doubt, post replies to challenge the relevancy of this post. Know that the central… thrust… of the post is not a bettering of image. It is an increase of testosterone. If you are naturally skinny, and are at a higher muscle mass, your body will continually be at a high state of testosterone building and rebuilding muscle mass just to stay the same. High rates of testosterone affects not only your actions, I believe women can sniff it out. So take a guy, stuffed with testosterone, and push him into a room full of lovely young ladies. He doesn’t speak a word. He won’t have to. The women will go to him automatically.

Such is the power of testosterone. Such is the power of sexuality.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

I actually agree with 95%+ of this piece.

125-150 pounds

When I was 5'10 125 pounds up until 150 pounds.... I would constantly hear from girls how skinny I was and how it was "cute" (in a condescending way) ... in fact most girls did weight more than me at 125 :o and I did have to work extra hard to get just cute girls attracted to me by doing the whole cocky funny asshole thing.

155 pounds

I started filling out my clothes a bit more. Did not really get called skinny that much. a few compliments from those who have not seen me in a long time. maybe a couple extra looks from women.

175 pounds

clothes started fitting really well. stopped getting called skinny by anyone. actually hooked up with this one chick who was previously not attracted to me (the whole getting out of the friend zone shit I talk about)

185 pounds

clothes fit really well. could tell i actually worked out in some outfits. decent amount of glances and looks from women. women much more open to talk to me.

then I fell back down to 158 pounds.

I noticed alot less attention from women than I was previously receiving.

I finally got back up to 180 a couple days ago. Lots more looks from women now at the gym and out and about.

Huge difference in random attention from females i noticed droppiong down to 158 from 185.

I also agree with the if you want a girl with a great body you should work on your own body.. you will both also have fitness as a huge shared interest

I also agree with the sentiment that bigger guys can easily get away with more shit in general. I see it happen everyday.

and finally the increase of test you feel is like nothing else. best feeling in the world and I do believe the ladies sub consciously pick up on it/

cliffs: get big and jacked, its much much better.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  3. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

I never say this in the vag, but after reading the first 6-7 lines....

tl;dr :o

4. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

its worth the read IMO my lazy friend :mamoru:

its not hard to read either nor is it boring imo

6. NCS

NCS Active Member

its interesting.

at the same time, as he gained weight he also gained skill and confidence. so, this isn't a study, just a reflection

7. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i never claimed it to be a study as it is purely anecdotal :p

but I also do believe the ladies subconsciously pick up on the increase of test from gaining all of that extra muscle mass

... and i also believe that when chicks say they dont like a guy with muscles, they are lying through their teeth :rofl:

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I think it's the girls that can't get the guys with muscles that say they don't like it. The same way that a lot of guys say they don't like the super hot girls because they are all bitches. Just a way for them to justify their own insecurity by using retarded logic.

This article is rather accurate. I still remember when I learned that women can be as shallow as a guy... I just had to be on that side of the fence to notice it

9. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

dead truth.

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

:bigthumb: it is absolutely fucking hilarious having been 125 pounds and 185 pounds how much better life is in general being 185 pounds. if i knew what I knew now, i would have bulked up to 200 pounds starting in high school :rofl:

:bigthumb: it is it is .

11. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

its either that or they think going to the gym means you will look like ronnie coleman. :rofl: almost all chicks that matter like the pro athlete type physique and thats about all any guy with a life, a job, and no steroids is going to reasonably be able to attain.

:bowdown: its a life changing difference though. Everyone thinks I'm a soldier, fighter, pro athlete, cop, etc etc.

12. Abomb

Abomb New Member

it is. in pretty much every aspect of your life. you look better. you feel better. your clothes look better on you. increased attention from the ladies. you can get away with more shit. its just plain fun pounding iron and eating a shitload of protein.

13. NCS

NCS Active Member

i want to gain weight. IMO it can only help. however, this article oversells the importance

14. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

bodybuilder promoting bodybuilding, who woulda thunk it.

15. Abomb

Abomb New Member

this is where I really have to disagree. it is a *LIFE CHANGING* experience to go from 125 pounds to 185+

or 150 to 205 etc

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

17. Reign

Reign Banned

Backing example. I'm 5'5'', I haven't grown an inch since 7th grade. I'm incredibly short and always have been. Especially for my weight.

@ 18, I weighed 230-240lbs. Was mostly fat, I never worked out. Played video games all the time. The only active thing I did was play paintball every other weekend.

@ 27 (currently), I'm 190lbs @ around 11-13% body fat. I run 12 miles a week, I lift 4 days a week. I'm on a diet 6 of the 7 days in a week.

The point pretty much that exact story happened to me. In college, I didn't have to pick up girls, they'd come to me. Still happens, but not as much because my GF is almost always out with me when I'm out.

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i see gt lurking this should be good

19. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Not much else to say. I'm an average looking guy. I don't have the perfectly balanced and chiseled face of a male model but being jacked has allowed me to date women who were previously way to fuck out of my league.

:werd:

I can generally do whatever the fuck out in public I want aside from assaulting children and old people without anyone saying a word to me.

20. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I love how none of the women have posted in here yet.

So I'm gonna be the stereotypical response here and just say it-

I'm skinny. I've always been skinny. At this point in my life I have no problem getting whatever woman I want including the "very beautiful".

21. JamesL

JamesL wat

I agree to an extent, but I agree with NCS... this article does oversell the importance. I belive that overall attractiveness plays an enormous role... but I would say that a gorgeous-model-looking skinny guy has a better shot with the ladies than an ugly body builder. And I will preface this post with the fact that I have never really had trouble getting the "very attractive girls"... maybe not the "bombshell beautiful" ones... but my roster is squeaky clean with some damn hot girls, and my standards are high enough that I have turned down plenty of "cute girls" just to keep it that way. Ive been getting the "omg you look just like ashton kutcher" line since I was 16 years old(in fact, it is a great ice breaker, as it is inevitable that some drunk girl will come up to me and say that at a party).

Up until about a year ago, I have always been very underweight. I have an athletic physique(was a year round competitive swimmer for ~10 years), but I was just plain skinny. Im roughly 6'3", and all through high school I never weighed a cent more than 165lbs.

In college I started working out more and got up to 175... maybe 180 on my best day, but let's just say 175. At this point I couldnt say I noticed a huge change. I was still thin, too thin... and being on a huge campus with tons of hot girls and guys(no homo) who worked out, made it difficult to stand out. I was plenty confident in my self though, and as such began dating a bad little cheerleader who was junior... and this was during my freshman year. My friends always joked that I could get any girl I wanted but that I had "Jerry
    Seinfeld" syndrome, where I would always find little irregularities/reasons to break up with them. Regardless, I was still skinny.

Fast forward two years and I working out more than I ever have. Lifting and doing some martial arts training. I am at a solid 185lbs, but not really much more. I can't seem to gain any more weight than that.. although I was much more "cut" and defined than I had been previously. I noticed a good deal more attention in situations where I would be shirtless, ie: the pool, beach, etc. Not really any more attention in regular scenarios though(at least attention directed my way solely because of my body).

Fast forward another two years, and I weigh 200 lbs. It is amazing that when you actually eat you can gain weight :p I always used to preach that I could never gain weight and that I always ate as much as I could... well, it simply wasnt true. Anyway, I am still lifting and excercising. I certainly could be more cut/defined right now, but that will come this summer. It is just kind of a shock being at this size. You just feel so much more "normal" when you are at a healthy weight. I have noticed more attention, ie: "looks" from girls. Ive been in a long term relationship, so I cant comment on any change in the type of girls I could pick up, but I do feel significantly more confident.

But reflecting back on it all, I honestly picked up plenty of great looking girls when I was 170lbs. I firmly believe that the "overall package" has a much more to do with what kind of girls you can get... not just your body.

22. Abomb

Abomb New Member

it is even easier to get attention from women when you are more jacked is what the author was going for i believe. i can say because ive been manorexic skinny and beefed up with some muscle (i still have a ways to go before I can come back here and report on how nice it is being 200 pounds) and i definetly notice a fuckload more women checking me out the larger I become and having been on both ends I pick being jacked over being skinny hands down.

even my gf cant help but sneak some glances at the larger jacked guys but most of her comments end up being "that guy doesnt even train his legs what a dumbass" :rofl:

23. ForgottenSpiral

Well I can't really argue with that part of it. Obviously the more look like the "ideal" body, the easier it is to attract the average woman. I mean by definition that's basically fact.

My point is just if a person can't get "very beautiful" women, then they're doing far more wrong than just not being the right weight.

24. JamesL

JamesL wat

Meaning what?

25. ForgottenSpiral

Could be any number of things, but the most obvious (and likely) culprit would be confidence.