SRS What ever happened to..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dreams2Reality, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

accepting "it's over" as, it's over.

Nowadays, all I've been reading is "we broke up, blah blah blah, what can I do to get her back?!!?!!1111tybillion".

I, recently, got sincerely dumped (yeah, right) by a girl who I thought was ideal for me. However, instead of bitching and moaning about the reasons why and how I could try and salvage it, I simply mourned and let it go.

So, to the others in here...

Why is it, in todays times, harder for people to just 'let them go'?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'll never understand it...but even when I got sdumped by someone I was really really into I was upset...but I completely accepted it and moved on. I didn't talk to him or try to win him back, I just kept saying "well, you're just not right together."

Then again, I practice what I preach.

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

See, that's exactly how I go about it as well.

Me and Cristina knew eachother for 15+ years.
    We dated before, completely succesful, but agreed that our educations must come first.
    Time came ticking, she came back around, as did I, and we got together again.
    Four months later I'm riding solo.

4. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

It's weird you use that metaphor with death. Cause personally, I'm wrecked when I lose someone I know. I think that the fact of them 'physically' being gone is what really tears me apart in that sense.

When it comes to relationships, I have a lot of hope. But with hope, comes pride. I know who I am, I know what I do, and I know what I'm capable / incapable of. If a relationship doesn't work, and I know she's healthy and moving on with life, to me, everythings ok.

I don't need to wonder where she is.

5. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

I saw an ex of mine in November, We broke up a year before that and I hadn't seen her since. About a week ago she told me when she saw me she just felt like she loved me. Pretty much the reason our relationship failed was on my part. I have been trying to fix myself (not for her, but because I don't want another relationship to end like that). I'm actually pretty stable now. About to get a new apartment, just got on new meds that really seem to work (bipolar), and I have a new job that I really enjoy and am willing to get another part time job to make more money. Now that I'm stable like this she calls me almost nightly, and we are trying to see each other again. I know i shouldn't, i'm very scared i'll revert to my old ways, but it's shit like that that makes it hard to let go. I wasn't sitting here thinking about her, but since she told me she loved me (and i really cared about this girl), i can't help but think about that shit. We wont get back together, that i'm pretty sure of, but still I should just let shit go.

6. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

For starters, :h5: on getting your shit back together. I'm glad you're doing it for you.

Secondly, by NO means am I starting this thread to judge or surface any "truths", I'm merely making a statement and wondering what everyones take on it was.

If you can honestly say the downfall with your ex was because of you, and that you were the sole reason your relationship failed, then I don't think there's something wrong with trying to piece it back together.

Like MB and IWYWB always say, you need to be in the relationship for yourself first, then your SO. If you can see the improvement in your lifestyle, your habits, your everyday routine - and it's a positive outcome, then I don't think there is any wrong in trying to fix what you've broken.

7. cascade85

cascade85 New Member

I know! My ex won't seem to let me go and is now borderline stalking me. I'm this close to putting a restraining order on him.

8. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

Oh i don't think you are judging or anything. I fucked up. I was an abusive boyfriend. I am fucking haunted by that daily. I am bipolar and was on no meds and a fucking wreck. I got on meds (that didn't work but i didn't realize they didn't work, i just figured i was alright since we weren't together, but then we got back together and things were the same as the way they were before. now that i'm on new meds and stable, it's too late. it sucks. no other girl has ever made me feel the way this one does, and i know that sounds stupid because of what i did...but at the time i was so irrational and such a wreck i wasn't even in control of myself at all. i would just lose it. she lied to me, and for a while i used that to justify everything, but looking back i understand why she did it (now that i am stable i see this). i dunno. i could rant for hours, but i'll stop there.

9. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

what i don't get are those that say it's over but then want you back later. this case involves thought on the other person's part. they thought about the relationship and decided to end only to want the person back later on. losing someone and wanting them back is all emotional and is understandable especially when the break up is still fresh and the person didn't want the relationship to end.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

"Grass is always greener" theory. I mean the people shoudn't be together anyway (because obviously their connection isn't strong enough in the first place), but usually once they dump someone they have pre-conceieved thoughts they will find someone better. Once they try they sometimes get impatient that no one shows up out of thin air and therefore resort back to what was comfortable.

11. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

true, but i find it disrespectful, for the lack of a better word. i mean, if you want something you should fight for it, so i can't be too hard on someone trying to make up for a mistake. however, at times i feel the other person should just accept the consequences and leave the other person alone. it's somewhat selfish of the person to try and come back when the other person might just be trying to move on with their lives.

so many variables to take in to account, so it's difficult to generalize and i can't seem to form a coherent thought at the moment, so yeah.