What ever happened to Moran & Meaney's 2200HP bowtie from '01?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Biomechanoid, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

While moving I found an old issue of "popular hot rodding" and there's an article in there about Mike Morgan and John Meany with a quad turbo 442 BBC, pushing 2200HP that they were going to drop into a '95 camaro. some things that stood out about the engine was that it didn't use gaskets, reved to close to 10,000 RPM, used an intake designed from exhaust headers, and a few other innovative ideas (at the time). there was supposed to be a follow up to the article with some hard numbers, but I can't find it anywhere. anyone have a clue what the hell I'm talking about?

2. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I know what he is talking about, I remember that, the entire engine was o-ringed instead of using gaskets and yes the intake manifold was made of headers. I believe it was supposed to be "Pro Street" Camaro, I never heard anything else about it either

3. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

yep, that's it. seems like everyone I've mentioned this to hasn't heard anything else about it either.

4. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

5. Leon_Phelps

Leon_Phelps Guest

It never made a decent pass and may not even have made a good dyno pull. Basically it was an enormous failure and waste of money and it's been shelved.