GUN What does WMD think of the new SC judge?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AustinL911, May 26, 2009.

1. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I haven't done any research on her yet, but I figured I'd post here anyways to see what you guys knew about her and how her ideals will help/hurt us.

JoeCool?

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

She's a hyper liberal. I saw a video of her at a moot court, (I think it was GW law school but not sure) and she claimed the court of appeals is so important because "that is where policy is made". Funny, I thought Congress made policy.

Overall though, she'll have no impact on the court since Souter was just as liberal.

3. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

She voted to uphold New Haven CT throwing out the Firefighter tests... Says it all right there.

I hope her house catches fire and her rescue crew is comprised of crippled midgets. It is only fair!

4. This pretty much sums it up. She is wholly inappropriate for the position, but she advances the agenda of the people in power. She's an important part of the liberal legislative agenda.

5. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Fuck Her
    [y]ug-qUvI6WFo[/y]

6. LancerV

http://thegoreyears.wordpress.com/2007/08/07/a-review-of-the-sotomayor-supreme-court/

Or her talking to another person
    "“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a
    free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall
    not be infringed.”

As we walked, he confided to me, “I think the gun lobby has gotten it wrong for a long time. It’s not about the right of “Americans” to bear arms. It’s
    about the right of states to bear arms. Imagine a world where the U.S. attacks another country,” he continued, “without provocation, and then, to sustain the policy, used the National Guard as a facilitator for the invasion. I can’t imagine such a world, and, I think, neither could the founders of the constitution.”

Nice fucking coma, asshole. See that you can create two different sentences with a fucking comma, im not calling the comma an asshole, im calling you an asshole.

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

That case is on appeal to the SCOTUS, so when it's heard, she won't be able to participate. :mamoru:

8. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Yep, this is the clip I was referring to in my previous post. Thanks for posting it Lancer.

9. AustinL911

That's kind of what I've been gathering while flipping through the channels.

They keep sayings; she's a woman, she's hispanic, SHE GREW UP IN THE BRONX!!!!1!!.

And the whole time I keep thinking to myself, 'who gives a flying fuck?' Please explain to me how this makes her qualified.

10. LancerV

If this was anyone else it would make her less qualified :o

11. AustinL911

Again, I love how the anti's point out that the 2A is for the states/National Guard/whoever. All the other rights are for/of the people, BUT NOT THE 2ND! Oh no. That one's not for you common folk. It's for the .gov.

12. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

SCOTUS already decided that for her, we'll see how well she applies starie decisis.

13. LancerV

You wanna make an anti confused ask them who originally made up the "National Guard" or how a militia member is different from a citizen?

Mother fucking best anti argument I use. I get well militia members are members of armed forces alot :coolugh:

14. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

What was the entire issue about the firefighter tests? Links?

15. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

hey, you slick faggot if crippled midgets want to be fire fighters they have just as much right as anyone else.

16. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

so the term "the people" also means "the state"? :confused:

17. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

and :rofl: at that clip about how the court of appeals is where policy is made.

i guess she doesnt know the difference between "make" and "interpretation". she should look into what congress does.

18. LancerV

19. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

A group of firefighters took a test for promotions. When the results came out, most of the top scorers, who would have been promoted, were white. The city decided since there were no minorities in the group to be promoted, that nobody would be promoted. The firefighters sued, citing reverse discrimination on the basis of race. A federal district court sided with the city. It was appealed to the US 2nd circuit court of appeals, they upheld the lower court decision. Sotomoyor signed on the majority opinion.

The case was appealed to the US Supreme Court, and the decision will be announced in June. Most observers have stated based on the justices at oral argument, the case is likely to be reversed.

20. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl: i think that if your fucking house is burning to the ground you want people who KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY'RE DOING to help save it.

not a fucking mixed-ethnic fire house :ugh2:

21. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

they should poll people who have had to use the fire department and see if they even noticed the race of everyone.

$10 says no one remembers.

22. LancerV

Except for the short midget that drops the fat lady

23. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl: the bitch probably wouldnt even realize it.

"OH THANK YOU JESUS FOR GETTING ME TO SAFETY"

24. LancerV

Unless he drops you in the fire :o

25. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

How that case got uphelp by two courts amazes me. It's clear as fucking day they were not promoted on the basis of race. I don't see any civil rights crusaders bitching about this one. The whole argument about equal rights doesn't hold either, there were minorities that took the test, their scores were not high enough to be considered promotable.

The city cited affirmative action as the basis for not promoting them. I don't see why it's the white firefighters problem that the minorities were to stupid to score high enough on the test.

It's all good though, all signs point to the SCOTUS telling the city and the 2nd circut to STFU.