GUN What does WMD think of Crossbreed Holster?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sprite, May 30, 2007.

1. sprite

sprite Active Member

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

3. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

they look like complete junk

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Who cares what it looks like? It's an IWB. It's comfortable and it works.

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm not a big fan of the design in general, but if you were I'd encourage you to consider buying the answer from tucker gun leather. First I think its the right thing to do. Most holster makers don't patent their designs because its just too expensive to get and defend the patent, they get ripped off a lot. The crossbreed is a lower quality copy of tucker's answer and I can't say I love someone taking someone else's idea and not even giving them credit for the design.

The answer is also just a better holster, I think just looking at pictures will show you the difference in quality and craftsmanship that goes into each. If you get the answer I promise you're not gonna have to take a box cutter to it to get a full firing grip ;)

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

Does it stay put pretty well? Does it allow you to tuck your shirt in far enough for it not be constantly pulling out on accident?

I agree they look kind of shitty, but it looks like it would be slimmer and more comfortable than a CTAC or something similar, and I'm not paying $100+ and then waiting 6 months for a Tucker or Sparks when I'll only be wearing it occasionally.

7. sprite

sprite Active Member

If Tucker could make them fast enough to keep up with demand then I'd have no trouble laying out the cash. But fuck paying a premium and then waiting... and waiting... and waiting... ad naseum.

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

No good holster maker will charge you for your holster before they're ready to make/ship it, and I believe that includes tucker. Think of it like getting a custom made suit or shoes. If you want the very best you're going to have to wait a while to get it, but you'll have a really well crafted item at the end of the wait. Crossbreed's website is showing a wait as well. I'd wait the extra 30 days and get the holster that I won't have to take a box cutter to. Ymmv :big grin:

9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Mine stays put just fine but i have a gun belt as well. i can't speak for the tucking though because i never tuck my shirt in, i just bought it since its adjustable

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I didn't mind having to cut it considering I saved 50%. ;)

11. sprite

sprite Active Member

How long did you wait for yours and how long have you had it?

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I don't remember, my wait was shorter than quoted but its been a couple years by now I think. I still prefer all leather holsters so when I do carry it is seldom my first choice. Its comfortable but I just don't find it helps me conceal a gun as well as some of my other holsters.

13. sprite

sprite Active Member

What might be some better options for something the size of a Glock 19? The Answer/Crossbreed design just looked like it would be "slimmer" than a lot of other stuff. I'm about 6", 34" waist.

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I'm 5'9" 44" waste and I easily conceal a full size 1911 in my crossbreed holster. :dunno:

15. int3rnal

int3rnal Active Member

Check out K&D Holsters http://www.kdholsters.com

Dakota Defender IWB- They're about the same price ($65) and wait time, but the finished product looks a hell of a lot better than crossbreed's

16. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I think alot of it depends on body size/shape and how you wear it. What doesn't work for me might be loved by someone else.

As far as other options what I've found to be the best for me is Lou Alessi's hideaway. It has a curved front fin that pushes against the leg and tucks the butt of the gun in like none of the other holsters I've tried before. http://cyber-byte.com/photos/alessi2.jpg Its a longer wait for lou's stuff but with it I can hide a p226 under a tshirt while a p99 in my tucker answer will print. Alot of other people seem to love the much copied milt sparks vm2/summer special design also.