What does this error mean? I cant fix it. Help asap, TNX

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kfc, Jun 13, 2004.

1. kfc

kfc Guest

[​IMG]

I get this error when ever I close any application on my comp. besides this error I haven't seen any big problems with my comp, yet at times maybe some slow downs. But nothing a reboot could not fix.

at first I thought it was my ram, so I swapped out my ram. that didn't fix it.

I then went to stock speeds and didn't over clock. that didn't fix it.

I then did a windows xp repair, which replaces a lot of the system files and stuff. Just about as good as a reinstall. and that didn't fix it.

I also reinstalled my video card drivers and updated every other drive on my system + window update.

But nothing is fixing it. What do you think could be the problem?

Thanks!

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

have u saned for viruses/spy ware?

try a real browser like www.mozilla.org u wont ever get those problems again~

3. Brian

Brian New Member

have used programs ike style xp i got a error like that be 4 with that

4. kfc

kfc Guest

i also use firefox and other non microsoft apps and get that same error :?

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

hows ur ram?

6. Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister Putting the "fun" back into Dysfunctional.

I'm starting to think that that error has something to do with one of MS's latest hot fixes/patches. I got that error once on my personal PC (self-built PC), but I get it every now and then on my work PC (Compaq d530 CMT). They both are running XP Pro. I saw that error last week on a brand new IBM ThinkPad T40 running Win2K SP4 though.

One application that I use that can make that error happen every so often is Tiny Personal Firewall 5.5. I run it on my work and home PC, but my work PC doesn't seem to like that program. Whenever I run a program that it doesn't recognize (it's got built-in application monitoring, sort of like what's coming out with XP-SP2) on my work PC, the first time a dialog box opens asking me if it's OK to run the app, I get that error. If I continue, everything returns to normal. My home PC never does this though.

The one time I saw it on my home PC was when I was shutting down. After the desktop cleared, I got that error, but the machine shut down four seconds afterwards. :)

So anyways, what I'm trying to say is that it's probably not your RAM. I'm starting to think that MS messed up something in one of their latest hotfixes, and it's causing this error. Remember, it's only MY opinion though. Only MS knows for sure what's causing it.

7. Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister Putting the "fun" back into Dysfunctional.